Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Trip to Denver [August 2015]

The best thing about my bi-monthly trip to Denver for work is that I can also visit with my friends. I lived in Denver for 5+ years (January 2009 to April 2014) and what I miss most, by far, is being able to spend time with my friends. So it's great to have a built-in reason to catch up every couple months.

I arrived on Sunday and met Laura and Chesleigh at the Denver Botanic Gardens.




It was so pretty! Dahlias are my favorite.


Every summer there is a different art installation. This year it was these neat driftwood-inspired (most were actually cast in bronze for longevity) horses by Deborah Butterfield.


There was also quite the hubbub about a corpse flower which I just missed seeing (and smelling!) in bloom. The plant only blooms once every several years, and this is the first one to do so in the Rocky Mountain region. Apparently it smells like rotten meat. I'm not sure if I'm not lucky that I missed the actual bloom!

We had dinner at the outdoor cafĂ© you can see at the far end of the water lily pond.


On Monday after work I met up with Tyffani, Ashley, and Gabbie at Lala's. It was extra fun because Ashley is newly engaged! And Tyffani is having a baby any day now! We split the crispy Brussels sprouts (always a favorite) and I had the burrata with cherry tomatoes, balsamic reduction, and flatbread. I regret that I didn't take any photos! But sometimes I think you have to put the camera away and just enjoy the moment.

On Tuesday for lunch I went to Hapa with a big group of co-workers. They have two rolls made with cooked fish so I was able to indulge my sushi craving while pregnant!

I flew home Tuesday night. Before takeoff the flight attendant warned us to expect "extreme turbulence" but luckily it was one of the smoothest flights I've been on!

Glad to be home with my loved ones! I think Gumball missed me the most. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.