Wednesday, September 2, 2015

A to Z Quiz

I think maybe the reason I decided to start a blog was to do fun surveys like this one!

Age: 34

Biggest fear: This isn't my biggest legitimite fear, but I think "animal people" are super creepy. Body-of-a-man-Head-of-a-donkey type situations. Midsummer Night's Dream is a no-go. The centaurs in Harry Potter? I'll look away and you just tell me when they're gone.

Current time: 8:41 am

Drink you last had: Currently drinking my beloved daily vanilla latte.

Easiest person to talk to: Good ol' bestie-face Laura

Halloween 2014 before going to see Dracula at the Colorado Ballet

Favorite song: "Abel" by The National. Probably the reason I'm married to my husband! Not that song specifically, but he introduced me to the band, and two weeks later we went to a show - They opened for R.E.M. at Red Rocks in June 2008! And... The rest is history!

Grossest memory: When Swede had the stomach flu last April and threw up all over me. I've experienced my share of spit-up and vomit since she was born, but this one was so... chunky.

Hometown: Durango, Colorado

In love with: My husband. (Except when he's driving me crazy. Then I'd have to go with Paul Newman.)

Jealous of: "Perfect" people. You know... Those people whose hair and makeup and clothes and children and marriage and house and vacations are all Pinterest-perfect all the time? I know their lives are messy and complicated just like the rest of us, but it looks so perfect from the outside.

Kindest person you know: My mom

Longest relationship: Jonathan and I started dating in June 2008.

Middle name: Elizabeth, after Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice. One of my very favorite books. I love that this is my middle name. My mom's copy of P&P was a Christmas gift from my dad when she was pregnant with me, and my copy was an anniversary gift (#1, paper) from Jonathan.

Number of Siblings: I have an older brother named Rob.

At the San Diego Zoo in May 2010

One wish: That I could be more present in the moment

Person you spoke to on the phone last: I work from home so most of my phone calls are to/from clients and co-workers.

Question you're always asked: When I go to Denver for work every couple months everyone asks, "How's the baby?" This last time it took me a minute to realize they meant Swede. She doesn't seem like a baby anymore! I'd say, "You mean this one?" and point to my stomach.

Reason to smile: My sweet goofball daughter

 Pretending the world is upside down is serious business

Song you last sang: Itsy Bitsy Spider. Swede does the most adorable hand motions.

Time you woke up: I woke up at 5:30 today thinking, Did the alarm already go off? Nope. It goes off at 6 during the week and I'm usually up by 6:15.

Underwear color: Pink

Vacation destination: I've spent a week at La Jolla Shores near San Diego probably 15 out of the last 20 years. Planning my first trip there with the kiddos for next summer!

August 2013 when I was pregnant with Swede

Worst habit: Overreacting to minor annoyances

X-Rays I've had: I broke my arm when I was 5.

Your Favorite Food: Ice cream

Zodiac Sign: Leo

Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. I love these surveys! I remember the first/only time Avery puked - soo bad. And I REALLY wish I had a latte right about now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had just the one bout of stomach flu as well, but it was BAD. And then everyone else got sick too... The joys of parenting. :-)

      Delete
  2. So nice to get to know you! My kids didn't do the puking thing too much, but my son did cut his head open badly. Oh and the time he broke his front teeth on the sidewalk and the time he cracked a rib falling out of a tree....boys!!!! My daughter had her share of scrapes and bumps; front teeth through her bottom lip, cracked collar bone falling off a horse. I guess looking back, my kids were very active! They made it though! 24 and 25 now. Hahaha. I don't like animal/food things like a cookie that walks and talks. I don't want my food moving! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, So many injuries from your kids! I'm sure I have more than enough of that to look forward to in the future as my kids get older. :-(

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.