I am a hearty subscriber to the when-in-doubt-make-a-list philosophy, so here goes:
1. Go through all Swede's newborn and 3 month size clothes to pick out which are suitable for a boy. (Quite a few, actually, because we didn't know she was a girl and so most everything is gender-neutral). Then I'll need to decide what to do with her old clothes that are NOT suitable for a boy. (I think the answer might be, Keep them for my next friend who has a baby girl, because I don't think I can handle giving them away completely).
Baby Swede! Rocking one of her more boyish ensembles
2. The 3rd bedroom in our house is currently being used as a TV room/Music room and Jonathan's office, so we need to move all that stuff downstairs & reconfigure the living room. Then we need to move the mini-crib into that room, and I think we'll need a dresser, and a second sound machine, a second baby monitor, and black-out curtains.
3. Install the infant car seat.
4. Pack my hospital bag.
5. Take a tour of the "Family Birth Center" at the hospital.
6. Decide if I want to have newborn/family photos done. Find a photographer and schedule if so.
7. I'd like to make and freeze some meals. I didn't do this before Swede was born but it would be really nice to have some ready-to-go dinner options.
8. I really need to get started on preparing-Swede-for-Baby-#2. I ordered this I'm a Big Sister book to start the process. Any suggestions from folks out there with two little ones?
9. Not directly related to Baby #2, but I would really like to get most Christmas presents bought by the end of November.
10. Same as #9, but I just realized I can order Christmas stockings now! I didn't buy them last year because I knew we were planning on Baby #2 and wanted them all to match. I really like these. Or maybe these? And I think I want to get Christmas pajamas for the kids - Looking at this for Swede and this for Baby #2.
Christmas 2014, Seems like forever ago!
I know, I know... Enough talk about Christmas! It's hardly done being summer yet. I'll be the first to admit I got a little carried away just now. My apologies. It's just more fun to think about stockings and pajamas than reorganizing the entire house and you know... childbirth.
I'm also feeling a near-desperate need to completely reorganize my closet, but I don't really think there's much point until I am back to my normal size/weight again.
I don't know about you but making a list really helps me calm down and put things into perspective. One thing at a time, It'll all get done!