Thursday, September 17, 2015

Weeknight Dinner #1 [Pasta with sausage, kale, sun-dried tomatoes, and parmesan]

Let me preface this with the obvious fact that I am not a food blogger. I don't make up recipes, and I definitely don't take mouthwateringly gorgeous photos of the food that I do make. I have so much admiration for the creativity and artistic talent of those who do, but it's beyond me! I thought I'd just share a few quick and easy weeknight dinners that are in the rotation around here, because I know I'm always on the lookout for more similar ideas.

Another thing you should know is that I don't really follow recipes. I think of them as rough guidelines and as soon as I have the basic idea I don't really bother with measuring cups and spoons. This meal is based on Creamy Bow Tie Pasta with Kale and Sausage by Bev Cooks, so go check it out if you want a more formal recipe. (And mouthwateringly gorgeous photos!)

Here's what I do: Cook up some Italian sausage in a large skillet. Add some kale, some sun-dried tomatoes, and some cream. (Maybe a cup?) Let that burble away until the kale is cooked down, then add (the more the merrier!) some grated Parmesan cheese, and serve over pasta. Voila, dinner!

On my bucket list is to someday take a food styling class

Last summer we joined a CSA and were so inundated with kale that we made this for dinner about once a week from June to September, then had to take a break for six months to recover.

In other news, I went to a "pop-up boutique" last night for a clothing line called LuLaRoe and bought a pair of super soft leggings in a fun flower print. <--My first pair of non-solid-color leggings ever! It's an exciting life I lead.

And here is GB pretending to be a mountain goat:

The double-ear-fold-back is one of my favorite looks

Hooray that it's Friday tomorrow! Hope you all have fun plans for the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. We like trying new recipes so might have to give this one a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe looks & sounds really good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.