Now she can say "truck" instead of just pointing at them!
2) I bought this Earth Therapeutics Pedicure Kit and have been using it a couple times a week this month. It's becoming increasingly awkward to reach my feet, but I'm going to keep it up as long as I can! I also love the Earth Therapeutics Liquid Pajamas lotion for my hands before bed. It's so silky and smells wonderful.
3) All the cozy clothes. Seriously, I cannot resist anything fleece-lined! Some current favorites:
- This Cozy Hoody from Boden in dusty pink. I considered the leopard print but realized I'll probably be wearing this in 90% of photos taken of me with Baby #2 this winter, so maybe a neutral would be better.
- These Black Woolen Classic Toms lined with faux-shearling.
- This Fleece-Lined Flannel Shirt from L.L. Bean. It's a little boxy (especially so while pregnant) but really soft and warm.
4) Crock-Pot meals. As the weather changes I'm putting more and more soups and stews on the menu, and using the Crock-Pot sure makes it easier!
[Fun fact: I got my Crock-Pot in a trade with my friend Ashley for a hair dryer. She had an extra Crock-Pot and I had a pixie cut at the time so didn't need the hair dryer. I did end up buying a new hair dryer later on, but still... A pretty good deal!]
Here are a few of my favorite Crock-Pot recipes:
- Mexican Chicken Soup
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Pasta from Crock-Pot Gourmet
- Lasagna Soup from Family Fresh Meals. (Thanks for this one Lindsey!)
- Beef stew - I just use the basic recipe off a packet of beef stew seasoning.
- Chicken and Pinto Bean Burritos from Bev Cooks.
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup, and Short Rib Hash from Seriously Delish. The hash is not the quickest meal, but it's so delicious. You only do the short ribs in the Crock-Pot, then add to a potato, onion, and green bell pepper hash and top with fried/poached eggs.
Short Rib Hash... My new favorite breakfast for dinner!
5) I'm going through an old movie phase. I think reading Love Walked In which references several old movies [mostly starring Cary Grant] made me want to watch them again. Lately I've watched Charade, The Philadelphia Story, Roman Holiday, and Rear Window. Do you like classic movies? What's your favorite? Mine is It Happened One Night.
Happy October! What are you loving this month? Can you believe there isn't anything pumpkin spice on this list?!?!