Sunday, October 11, 2015

Weekend [Oct 10-11, 2015]

I thought about not writing this post. This weekend was pretty uneventful, and at times, it was pretty not-great-at-all. But I promised myself when I started this blog that I would be honest and real. [Although am I being honest and real here, or just boring?]

Saturday: [This is the uneventful day.] Swede and I made pancakes for breakfast - She is excellent at stirring the batter. We mooched around all morning. Played this and that with Swede. Went on a family hike around the neighborhood. Visited with my parents. During nap time I reorganized my closet and then read on the patio in the sunshine for a glorious hour. We ran some errands [the pet store, the "fancy" grocery store] in the afternoon. Had pizza for dinner. Jonathan and I watched Charade after Swede went to bed. It was a nice day.

I love holding hands. [Swede is pointing at a bulldozer.]

Sunday: [This is the not-great-at-all day.] I didn't think I slept badly last night but I woke up feeling so impossibly tired and unable to handle anything. We went to church and every time I closed my eyes to pray I thought, "Maybe I'll just fall asleep right here." Being so tired made me be in a rotten mood. And then Swede didn't take a nap. So I didn't get anything done that I had planned to do while she was sleeping, which made me even more grumpy. Ugh. I managed to rally somewhat in the afternoon. We made cookies and had Thai takeout for dinner, and I finished reading Belong to Me after Swede's early bedtime. It doesn't sound like a terrible day, and it wasn't, but I was certainly in a terrible mood for most of it.


This week I'm looking forward to: 1) Going to yoga on Tuesday. I skipped last week because I felt depleted after the glucose test. 2) Getting through a deadline at work. 3) Being in a better mood than I was today!

How was your weekend? What are you looking forward to this week?

3 comments:

  1. Ha! I totally know what you mean about being real and sometimes boring. That's life though and sometimes those are the best days and posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the more "real life" on the internets, the better!

      Delete
  2. Nope, not boring! But I totally know what you mean. Not every single weekend can be full of adventure and exciting things! As long as there are a few photos thrown in, I appreciate the "real like" factor. Hope you're having a better week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.