1) One of my old friends from when I lived in Florida sent me this quilt that she made for Baby #2. I love it so much! Foxes are my favorite. Practically everything I've bought for Swede lately involves either a fox or a penguin. Most recently for Swede: This Cosy Quilted Duffle Jacket from Boden, in blue with the fox print lining.
The fox wearing glasses is my favorite.
2) I've been searching for the perfect winter boots for the last couple months. [And way overthinking my decision, by the way.] But I finally decided on the Minx Fire Tall Omni-Heat Waterproof Boots from Columbia. In black, of course, although I really do like the red. They are WARM to -25 degrees, and will work equally well with skinny jeans around town and snowshoes on the trail. They are really comfortable and lightweight - Not clunky at all like snow boots can be sometimes.
3) I've been growing out my hair for the past couple years, but the longer it is, the less that I like it, so last week I went back to my classic bob. I feel so much more like myself with this haircut! I also really didn't like how my hair would get caught on hoodies, scarves, etc. I see people with long hair wearing scarves and looking cute all the time, but it just didn't work for me.
Before and After
- Spicy Molten Blue Cheese Dip
- Turkey [My mom's doing this... Thank goodness! I'm not ready for the responsibility.]
- Apple & Sausage Stuffing/Dressing from The Joy of Cooking
- Mashed Potato Casserole
- Green Bean Casserole
- Crock-Pot Cream Cheese Corn
- Flaky Dinner Rolls [This recipe is from Cooking Light but I use more butter than it calls for. I think it's safe to say they aren't very light... But they sure are delicious.]
5) I'm one of those nerds who must have a paper planner, so I'm super excited that my 2016 Erin Condren Life Planner arrived last week! This is my third year using this planner. It's so colorful and fun, and BIG - Plenty of room to keep track of everything. I've already gone through to add birthdays and other special occasions.
This pineapple design reminds me of my grandma. :-)
Do you like your hair better long or short? Do you like having a paper planner? What are you loving this month? [PS: I hope you appreciate my restraint in leaving off anything Christmas-related from this month's list... I'm saving them up for December!]