Monday, November 23, 2015

Five Favorites - November 2015

Every time I write these posts I get the "My Favorite Things" song from The Sound of Music stuck in my head for days!

1) One of my old friends from when I lived in Florida sent me this quilt that she made for Baby #2. I love it so much! Foxes are my favorite. Practically everything I've bought for Swede lately involves either a fox or a penguin. Most recently for Swede: This Cosy Quilted Duffle Jacket from Boden, in blue with the fox print lining.

The fox wearing glasses is my favorite.

2) I've been searching for the perfect winter boots for the last couple months. [And way overthinking my decision, by the way.] But I finally decided on the Minx Fire Tall Omni-Heat Waterproof Boots from Columbia. In black, of course, although I really do like the red. They are WARM to -25 degrees, and will work equally well with skinny jeans around town and snowshoes on the trail. They are really comfortable and lightweight - Not clunky at all like snow boots can be sometimes.

3) I've been growing out my hair for the past couple years, but the longer it is, the less that I like it, so last week I went back to my classic bob. I feel so much more like myself with this haircut! I also really didn't like how my hair would get caught on hoodies, scarves, etc. I see people with long hair wearing scarves and looking cute all the time, but it just didn't work for me.

Before and After

4) I am so excited to eat ALL THE FOOD on Thursday. One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving is browsing through recipes to decide on the exact perfect menu. This is what we've finally decided on:
 - Spicy Molten Blue Cheese Dip
 - Turkey [My mom's doing this... Thank goodness! I'm not ready for the responsibility.]
 - Apple & Sausage Stuffing/Dressing from The Joy of Cooking
 - Mashed Potato Casserole
 - Green Bean Casserole
 - Crock-Pot Cream Cheese Corn
 - Flaky Dinner Rolls [This recipe is from Cooking Light but I use more butter than it calls for. I think it's safe to say they aren't very light... But they sure are delicious.]

5) I'm one of those nerds who must have a paper planner, so I'm super excited that my 2016 Erin Condren Life Planner arrived last week! This is my third year using this planner. It's so colorful and fun, and BIG - Plenty of room to keep track of everything. I've already gone through to add birthdays and other special occasions.

This pineapple design reminds me of my grandma. :-)

Do you like your hair better long or short? Do you like having a paper planner? What are you loving this month? [PS: I hope you appreciate my restraint in leaving off anything Christmas-related from this month's list... I'm saving them up for December!]

11 comments:

  1. I personally like my hair long. But, short hair looks really good on you :) Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love long hair on other people! Wish it worked for me but... Nope!
      Happy holidays to you too!

      Delete
  2. Love the quilt!! I have learned to stay with my usual haircut, which is just in the middle for length. Angry longer I cut it and shorter I want it long.
    I live for planners:-) I'd be lost without mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have finally learned to not try to grow my hair out anymore. It just drives me crazy!
      Do you have a favorite planner?

      Delete
    2. I do, they are called be-filled planners.

      Delete
  3. Love the quilt!! I have learned to stay with my usual haircut, which is just in the middle for length. Angry longer I cut it and shorter I want it long.
    I live for planners:-) I'd be lost without mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I LOVE that quilt! Those boots are cute too! It's hard to find good winter boots - ones that actually provide warmth and still look cute. It took me forever last winter to find a pair I liked...I know Sorels are all the rage but I find them bulky and fit weird. I love when my hair is short and I always say I will keep it that way, but I also like my hair when it's long. I just ordered my EC planner to have it delivered to me in Florida while I am here! I've never had one before so I can't wait! Which format did you get? I went with hourly as it seems like a good way to keep my day organized...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about Sorels, Tried some on & they were so clunky, Like moon boots! These ones feel more like wearing sneakers.
      Good idea getting the planner delivered in FL! I did the hourly format too. I used it when Swede was an infant to track feeding/sleep so planning to do that again.
      Your hair is really pretty long!

      Delete
  5. i LOVE that quilt! sending a pic to my mom so she can make one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That quilt is so awesome! Love your new hair cut. I've had both short and long hair, but prefer it a bit longer. I hate it when I can't put it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is just now exactly long enough that I can still do a ponytail... The best of both worlds!

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.