Friday, November 13, 2015

This week in FOOD

Happy Friday! What was your favorite meal [or dessert, or snack] this week?

Here's what we had:

Monday - Harvest Pizza [pesto, butternut squash, and goat cheese] from How Sweet It Is, except without bacon and I used a jar of basil pesto instead of making the sage pesto.


Tuesday - I had an egg salad sandwich with Swede before I went to book club, snacked on Smart Food Popcorn and a Kind bar when I got home, and woke up starving at 2 am for a bowl of cereal.

Wednesday - Crock-Pot Chicken and Dumplings. After browsing some recipes online I added an onion, a few carrots and potatoes, four chicken breasts, salt, pepper, and thyme to the Crock-Pot, covered with chicken broth, and cooked for 6 hours. Then I shredded the chicken, added a 1/4 cup of corn starch mixed with 1 cup of milk, and cooked for another hour. Then I topped with dumplings (per The Joy of Cooking) and cooked for another twenty minutes. It turned out great! Definitely my favorite meal this week and a will be a staple this winter.


Thursday - Aidells Spicy Mango & Jalopeno Sausage, a box of Lundberg Garlic Primavera Risotto, and roasted Brussels Sprouts.



Friday - We're going to get takeout from Thai Kitchen. My go-to is Pad Thai with tofu and veggies.

I didn't have anything special for breakfast/lunch except on Thursday after I dropped Swede off at preschool I picked up pastries from my favorite local bakery. I almost always get a ham & cheese croissant.


I hope you have some fun plans for the weekend. What I'm looking forward to most is getting a pedicure tomorrow!

12 comments:

  1. Yum! I always seem to see food posts when I'm already hungry haha Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could take prettier food photos but I'm always too hungry to think about lighting/staging. At least it all tasted good! Hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  2. I'm really enjoying cooked beets mixed up with hummus (in a food processor)! It's lovely on toast or crackers or a dip for veggies!
    I'm most looking forward to a massage I have scheduled on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beets & hummus sounds good! And so does a massage! I was debating on a massage vs pedicure.

      Delete
  3. All looks so good! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had some good meals this week! Enjoy your pedicure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful! Hope you had a nice weekend. :-)

      Delete
  5. Golly, what a good food week! Big hug! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never made risotti before- might have to make my husband attempt it because I think i'd fail. And I've never had thai food either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've never had Thai food?!? I love Pad Thai.
      I've made "real" risotto before but it's really time consuming, The box version is really quick and easy.

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.