Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Thoughts on being pregnant - 35 weeks

How is it possible that there will be a new baby in the house in approximately 5 weeks!?!? I feel like I've been pregnant forever but at the same time I can't believe it's almost over. Despite all my complaining about the various frustrations of pregnancy, it's a little bittersweet to know this is the end. What I'll miss most is feeling the baby kick and move around. And being able to eat all the food. Although at least that perk does continue while nursing!


I'm feeling a little anxious about how much I haven't done to get ready. We have designated the three-day weekend after Thanksgiving for reorganizing the house and getting Baby #2's room set up. That is two weeks before my due date, so hopefully he's not too early! My prediction is December 8th.

My doctor confirmed at my last appointment that Baby #2 is currently in a breech position. She said there is still time for him to move head down on his own [Fingers crossed!] but that if not by my next appointment at 36w4d we will have "a whole discussion about options."

Some comparison photos for fun from when I was pregnant with Swede! From left to right: at 34 weeks, at my baby shower at 35 weeks [Oh, That CAKE!], and on the day I went into labor at 39w2d. I think I'm a little bigger than with Swede but not much. Per my doctor I have a long torso [which I knew because I'm always buying shirts in tall sizes even though I'm not especially tall] so there's plenty of room for the babies to grow up and down.


Question: How essential is it that I get presents for Swede and Baby #2 to give to each other? Will their relationship be ruined forever if I don't? This seems like a recent tradition. I'm pretty sure my brother didn't give me a present when I was born. Does it really help or is it just a catchy marketing gimmick? It probably won't matter for Baby #2 but if it makes the transition better for Swede then I'm on board. Thoughts???

I think that's about all I have to say for now... I feel really blessed to have had a healthy and relatively comfortable pregnancy so far. I'm so excited to meet our little boy!

12 comments:

  1. Might help to get her a small (practical) gift for when she meets baby #2 for the first time? I'm guessing then she could associate the new baby as not something terrible? I have no idea...but you're right, it is probably a big gimmick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to do it... Maybe it's a genius marketing ploy but I'd rather be safe than sorry!

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, maybe something small she can pick out for baby and give to baby? I am with you I do not know if it really matters thought, they are only 2!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a good idea, I had just thought of getting Swede a gift from the new baby, because he won't know what's going on! But having her actually pick out the gift for him might help too.

      Delete
  3. I was going to say that you look so tiny, but if you have a long torso that would help! I am just plain short, so I had no where for A to go when I was pregnant with her. I like Lindsey's suggestion- I'd take her to pick something small out for him. It definitely doesn't have to be big!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think that's what we're going to do. Anything that makes the introduction/transition go better!

      Delete
  4. Best of luck to you over the next 5 weeks! I don't think the presents matter too much right now, but that is such a sweet thing to focus on over the years later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Can't believe he'll be here so soon!

      Delete
  5. I recently found your blog and love it! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fantastic! I was also going to say you carry small, but the long torso would definitely make a difference! :) I don't know what to say about the gift thing...my first thought is will it even matter since they won't remember, but I guess in the moment it could be a positive thing! Although, isn't getting a brother or sister the present?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am going to do the present thing. Maybe it's a gimmick but better safe than sorry! One of my friends with two kids brought up a good point that it's nice to have something new and fun for the older kid at the hospital because otherwise it might be a little boring.

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.