Monday, November 16, 2015

Weekend [Nov 14-15, 2015]

This weekend two years ago Jonathan and I were eagerly awaiting Swede's arrival. We went to an Avalanche hockey game on Saturday night and on Sunday I started having contractions while at Crate & Barrel spending the last of a gift card on fancy holiday chocolate. We headed to the hospital soon after.

This weekend was more low key.

Saturday:

A nice morning - Pancakes for breakfast, Playtime with Swede and her new Lego Duplo "Big Farm" set. It's an early birthday present, to hopefully minimize overwhelming chaos on the actual day.


Then I headed to the Spaaah Shop for a festive pedicure. This color is called "All I Want for Christmas."


During nap time I did laundry and read. I finished up Falling Together by Marisa de los Santos and started All My Puny Sorrows by Miriam Toews.

We had planned to go out to dinner but when we showed up at the restaurant it was closed for a remodel. Nothing else sounded good so we ended up back at home eating leftovers (Jonathan), scrambled eggs (Swede), and cereal (me). Boo.

Sunday:

Donuts for breakfast in consolation for the dinner disappointment the night before! Then more playtime with Swede before and after church. 


During nap time I walked Gumball, chatted on the phone with my friend Megan [who gave me the real deal on life with two kids], and made Chicken Spaghetti from the Pioneer Woman. This time I made the full recipe and froze half for once Baby #2 arrives.

After dinner and bathtime/bedtime with Swede, I watched Brooklyn 99 with Jonathan, ate too many Snickerdoodle cookies, read, and went to bed early. I've been struggling with a low-grade cold this past week and need to be recovered for a busy week ahead!

I hope you had a nice weekend! Is anything fun happening this week?

10 comments:

  1. Ooo I need a pedicure...its been embarrassingly too long. That donut looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had been embarrassingly long for me too! Now I don't have to been ashamed of my feet in yoga class. ;-)

      Delete
  2. We just have Mega Blocks but I want to get A a Duplo set, looks like S likes it!
    Love your toe colour!
    I need to start planning freezer meals but at a lost since it will be Spring so the type of meals change a bit...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Legos are probably Swede's favorite toy! We play with them every day. The farm set is really fun.
      I can't think of any good freezer meals for springtime either. All the ones I have planned are classic winter comfort food!

      Delete
  3. Ooh I need a pedicure too! I'm planning to go the day before we leave for Florida. I like that colour you got. How are you liking All My Puny Sorrows? And yay for donuts for breakfast! :) I was addicted to donuts when I was pregnant, it was my one major "craving", haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to say that donuts are a pregnancy cravings, but the truth is they are an always-craving, and pregnancy just gives me license to indulge more often. ;-)
      AMPS is really good so far except it irritates me that she doesn't use quotation marks. I don't get that!

      Delete
  4. Love the nail colour! I chose a similar one when I went two weeks ago :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seemed like a good choice for the upcoming holiday season!

      Delete
  5. Cute toes! Good idea giving her birthday present early. I don't think I'm going to buy Allie Christmas presents b/c she's going to get so many from our relatives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I didn't buy Swede anything for her birthday or Christmas specifically last year. They don't really know what's going on yet and definitely get their fair share from relatives & friends anyway!

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.