Sunday, November 22, 2015

Weekend [Nov 21-22, 2015]

Hey Friends, Did you have a nice weekend?

Around here lately... Weekends have been super low-key in the best possible way. Saturday mornings are especially nice. I love being able to start the day in a really leisurely manner. Coffee. Breakfast. Playtime with Swede. No big deal if everyone's in pajamas until 10 am.


The last couple weeks during Swede's naps I've given myself permission, at least one of the days, to put aside the to-do list and just read with a cup of tea. And, this weekend, a pumpkin cheesecake bar! [Pretty sure THIS this is same recipe that I have.]  I am cherishing these last days of [relative] calm before Baby #2 arrives. That makes it sound like I'm not excited to meet him! Which is absolutely not the case. But the impending chaos is a little daunting.


Jonathan and I dropped off Swede at his parents house on Saturday afternoon and went out for a late lunch/early dinner date at Steamworks. We split the spinach-artichoke dip and I satisfied my craving for a cheesesteak with "The Purgatory" - JalapeƱo Giardiniera, Mushrooms, Pepper Jack, and Steak on a Hoagie roll.


Sunday wasn't quite as perfect. It should come as no surprise to me that two-year-olds, like everyone else, have good days and bad days. We went to church in the morning and then had fun helping Jonathan hang Christmas lights on the porch, but Swede woke up cranky from her nap and stayed that way most of the rest of the day.


For dinner I made Chicken Enchiladas with Sour Cream White Sauce. [Thanks for this one, Katie!] I froze half the recipe for after Baby #2 arrives. I have now have two freezer meals ready... Which is better than nothing! [Jonathan and I joke that "Better than nothing" is our family motto.]

One last photo for the road: Gumball and "baby Gumball" <-- One of Swede's birthday presents. She loves having a Gumball she can hug since the real Gumball isn't too interested.


This week I'm looking forward to: Thanksgiving!!!

8 comments:

  1. She is just too cute! Glad you guys were able to get out for a date :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah good idea with the stuffy! Might have to do the same for Wes..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's has such a great diversion when she's sad that GB won't tolerate hugs, We'll say Go hug Baby Gumball! And she's happy again.

      Delete
  3. So cute! And I love that you are giving yourself a break. I need to do that more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silly that it was such a lightbulb moment for me... It's OK to just take it easy?!?! Yes!

      Delete
  4. Great job giving yourself a break! You deserve it. We all need some time to relax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really liking a slower paced life these days, Hopefully I can keep it that way...

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.