Sunday, November 8, 2015

Weekend [Nov 7-8, 2015]

Hey Friends! Did you have a nice weekend? Is it winter there yet? We had the first snow of the winter here last Wednesday. It's melted off quickly and we had a sunny weekend, but it is definitely coming!


On Saturday we started the day with breakfast at Kennebec Cafe. I had my heart set on getting bacon AND sausage... Mission accomplished! Also, this English muffin was SO good. Each side was about an inch thick with plenty of butter, and the raspberry jam... Yum.



Check out Swede's new hairdo! I couldn't stand her hair always being in her eyes, not to mention the mullet, for a day longer! We'd been trying hair clips and ponytails with limited success. So I gave her a trim on Thursday night. It's certainly not the world's best haircut. The bangs especially... Are a little uneven. But it's so nice to be able to see her face! I think she looks so adorable and so grown up. [Please don't tell me if you disagree.]


During nap time on Saturday I made Spiced Pear Cake from Dine and Dish. This might be my favorite dessert that doesn't involve chocolate! I made this as Swede's birthday cake last year. It's so delicious! I took photos, but they don't do it justice. The one in the recipe link above are much better!

On Sunday morning we mooched around the house with Swede before and after church. Swede took a long nap and all I did was read with a cup of my favorite holiday tea! It was so relaxing. [Book of the Week = The Precious One by Marisa de los Santos.]


When Swede woke up, we went downtown with my mom to buy a Christmas present for Jonathan. I have been obsessed with getting everything organized for Christmas well in advance. I think that's where I'm channelling my "nesting" instincts since I'm not going to really get everything organized for Baby #2 until the end of November.

That's all! Upcoming this week: A rescheduled book club meeting on The Martian, and stay tuned for my thoughts on this pregnancy at 35 weeks! [<--Which can mostly be summarized as, Eeeek!]

7 comments:

  1. Have you tried the Harvest blend tea from Trader Joe's? They have it in the fall (not sure if they'd still have it now) and it is by far the best tea I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'd love to try it! Unfortunately the closet TJ's in is Denver which is quite a trek... Maybe I can pick some up the next time I'm there for work.

      Delete
  2. Her haircut looks cute! It's been really warm here in Chicago but getting colder this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My haircut technique could use some work but I'm learning! :-)

      Delete
  3. We had snow here this weekend too...I'm not ready for it! Love Swede's hair cut...she is so cute! I think you might have talked about it before, but is Swede a nickname or your daughter's real name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Swede is a nickname. Her real name is Ingrid, which she goes by at preschool. We call her Swede probably 99.9% of the time at home... Hopefully that's not too confusing for her!

      Delete
  4. Swede's hair! Her coat with the fur collar! Your belly! I love it all so much! Bean sprout #2 better get to rotating! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.