Saturday, December 26, 2015

A Very Merry Christmas 2015

Hey Friends! Did you have a nice Christmas? We've had a lovely few days. Of course there have been the inevitable toddler meltdowns. And everything I do these days is through a haze of fatigue. But thankfully I'm still able to appreciate the special moments of our first Christmas as a family of four!


To start with... Snow! It was a very white Christmas. We put Swede to work shoveling the driveway.


Christmas Eve was also Abel's one month birthday! He has gotten so chubby! I love it. We moved to Size 1 diapers and 0-3 months clothes today. It was a little bittersweet to pack away the tiny newborn onesies for good. He is extremely cuddly and would be perfectly happy to sleep on my chest all day and night if possible. [With adequate snack breaks, of course!]


We had fondue for dinner on Christmas Eve! A new family tradition.


On Christmas Day we started with coffee and opening a few presents at home. Jonathan gave me a Garmin [Yay!] and I gave him a new sweater [in the photo below] and a coffee mug that Swede painted at a paint-your-own-pottery place. 


Then we headed to my parents' house for more presents, and breakfast, which to everyone's delight included my mom's delicious homemade cinnamon rolls.


After nap time [for everyone!] we headed to Jonathan's parents' house for MORE presents, and dinner. And hugs. 


Swede's favorite presents are the Green Toys Build-a-Bouquet Floral Arrangement Playset, and an enormous stuffed penguin.

Amazingly, my neglected Christmas cactus is blooming right on schedule!


It's hard to believe it's all over for another year! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday.

5 comments:

  1. Someone else had a Christmas cactus at their party. That's the first I'd ever heard of a Christmas cactus. They're pretty! We had a great Christmas in Wichita, KS with our family. We're fixing to brave the 18 hour drive back to Georgia through ice and rain, yuck.

    Kaitlyn @ Kaitlyn-Danielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, That is a LOOONG drive! Hope it goes OK.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! I haven't had fondue in years and it looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great Christmas! We used to always do fondue on NYE..id love to get back into it but the years keeps slipping away from me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect Christmas! I love the idea of doing fondue on Christmas Eve. We don't have a Christmas Eve tradition yet (we went to my Aunt's this year), but I definitely want to start something next year. And yes, I call the whole day Christmas Eve (and then say, Christmas Eve day, or Christmas Eve eve) ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.