Thursday, December 10, 2015

Coffee Date #1

Hey Friends! Let's have a coffee date!


If we were meeting up for coffee today, the first thing I'd say is that managing the newborn/toddler situation can be pretty tough. Some days are better than others. It probably depends on how tired I am that day. I would really love to sleep for more than 2 consecutive hours. There's been a definite increase in tantrums from Swede, which I've had trouble deciding how to handle.

On bad days [such as Tuesday] I feel like I'm unable to give enough attention to either child, let alone consider long-range issues such as developing/maintaining a routine [Abel] and working on our please-and-thank-you manners [Swede]. On good days [such as Wednesday, and, so far, today] I feel relaxed and calm, and I'm able to enjoy the specific blessings of each of my sweet babies.


On a lighter note, I sometimes email things to myself from my phone and somehow the name associated with my email address in my phone is "Holidays in the United States." WHAT? I have no idea how that happened.

Abel gained a whole pound in 10 days! From Day 4 to Day 14. So that's pretty great. It's weird to think that I am just now reaching his actual due date.

Currently I'm craving: A filet mignon and a glass of red wine. A hot yoga class. And this Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Gnocchi from Bev Cooks. <--I think it's happening this weekend.


I really love this set of Marin Winter Bird Mugs from Crate & Barrel. But don't we all have more mugs than we need? Maybe I'll get rid of all my old mugs. I'm sick of them anyway. [Except the one in the photo above, That's my favorite.]

What are your plans for Christmas Eve? Do you have any specific Christmas Eve traditions? Christmas Day is pretty well organized, but I'd like to come up with a new family tradition for Christmas Eve. Maybe the same special dinner every year, and a board game or movie.

That's about all my chit-chat for today!

10 comments:

  1. Hey you are keep a baby and toddler alive!! That in itself is amazing, I am worried to have two kids!
    I have been craving wine lately, too bad I have a bit to go before I get my glass.
    Christmas Eve we have appetizers, watch a movie and open one gift each, usually my brothers sleepover at my house too :) The boys sometimes stay up late and play a board game. I just like it to be a low key day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not gonna lie, There have been some difficult/challenging moments! I keep telling myself that it's not even been three weeks yet.
      Mmm, I love a good appetizer smorgasbord. We've done something like that for NYE in the past.

      Delete
  2. I second Lindsey's comment...you are doing a great job momma! Way to go Abel for gaining a whole pound! For Christmas eve, we go to a family member's house that has a big group of people over for dinner. We probably won't stay super long because of Amelia's early bedtime and it being about an hour outside of town

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a festive way to spend Christmas Eve!
      Abel is becoming such a little chunk already. Pretty sure he won't fit in his Christmas outfit by Christmas!

      Delete
  3. MMMM I like your cravings. I was just saying something to my husband the other night that we need to come up with an annual xmas eve meal tradition! Not sure what it'll be yet..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should add a massage to the cravings list... That sounds SO nice!
      I'm thinking maybe fondue for the Christmas Eve dinner tradition.

      Delete
  4. I third the above - you are doing a great job! I can only imagine how tough juggling a newborn and a toddler must be, so be kind to yourself and know you're doing better than you probably think you are :)

    Growing up, on Christmas Eve, we always watched a Christmas movie, opened up new pajamas and read a Christmas book in bed. I think we will continue with a similar tradition here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've decided to adopt a couple new parenting strategies. One is "Take it easy" and the other is "Do the best than you can." :-)
      I like the Christmas movie and PJ idea... Of course we've been wearing our Christmas PJs all month already - I couldn't wait!

      Delete
  5. I'm so excited for Christmas Eve! We usually host, but we are breaking off this year and doing our own thing with our little family and starting new traditions. It's going to be awesome and I can't wait to write about it since that's what I did growing up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to reading about your new family traditions! Kids make the holidays so special. :-)

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.