I've decided to split my monthly favorites post for December into a Newborn edition and a Christmas edition <--Coming next week! Can you believe it's <10 days until Christmas?!
1) The Fisher-Price Deluxe Monkey Bouncer is an MVP for both Swede and Abel. It's so nice to have somewhere to put Abel while I'm taking a shower / making a sandwich / playing with Swede, etc. It has a light vibration you can turn on which I think is soothing, as well as a removable activity bar with toys/lights/music. We used this every day until Swede was probably six months old and it was the first thing I pulled from storage when we brought Abel home.
2) I'm a big fan of the idiot-proof Swaddleme blankets. I tried swaddling Swede with a regular blanket when she was born and could never get it tight and secure enough. The velcro closures on the Swaddleme blankets make it so easy and quick to get the babies bundled up for bedtime.
3) My favorite source for baby/kid clothing is Carters. The clothes are cute, durable, and affordable. I really like the multi-pack onesies and cozy fleece footed pajamas. I'm also really loving the two Zutano gowns in the photo above that we received as gifts for Abel. I think Zutano prints are absolutely the cutest! And the gowns make the many many diaper changes so much easier, especially in the middle of the night.
4) I love this Skip Hop Treetop Friends Nursery Blanket. I bought it when Swede was born and it looks like it's been discontinued, but hopefully there is a similar blanket in a different pattern, because it's perfect! Cute on one side. Soft on the other side. Just the right size to take along in the diaper bag.
5) The Baby K'Tan Baby Carrier is the only item on this list that we didn't have with Swede. I used an Ergo with Swede, and I'm sure I'll use it with Abel too, but it feels a little bulky to wear inside and the bottom band is too tight on my C-section incision. The Baby K'Tan is really easy to put on and low profile. Abel seems very cozy and snug inside and will happily sleep there whether I'm outside walking or just mooching around the house.
Obviously I have dozens more items that we need/use/love on a daily basis - We couldn't survive without the white noise machine! And I love the smell of Burt's Bees Baby Bee Shampoo and Lotion - But these are the standouts for this first month with Abel. You moms out there... What are some of your favorite baby-related products?