Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Five Favorites - Newborn Edition

I've decided to split my monthly favorites post for December into a Newborn edition and a Christmas edition <--Coming next week! Can you believe it's <10 days until Christmas?!


1) The Fisher-Price Deluxe Monkey Bouncer is an MVP for both Swede and Abel. It's so nice to have somewhere to put Abel while I'm taking a shower / making a sandwich / playing with Swede, etc. It has a light vibration you can turn on which I think is soothing, as well as a removable activity bar with toys/lights/music. We used this every day until Swede was probably six months old and it was the first thing I pulled from storage when we brought Abel home.

2) I'm a big fan of the idiot-proof Swaddleme blankets. I tried swaddling Swede with a regular blanket when she was born and could never get it tight and secure enough. The velcro closures on the Swaddleme blankets make it so easy and quick to get the babies bundled up for bedtime.


3) My favorite source for baby/kid clothing is Carters. The clothes are cute, durable, and affordable. I really like the multi-pack onesies and cozy fleece footed pajamas. I'm also really loving the two Zutano gowns in the photo above that we received as gifts for Abel. I think Zutano prints are absolutely the cutest! And the gowns make the many many diaper changes so much easier, especially in the middle of the night.

4) I love this Skip Hop Treetop Friends Nursery Blanket. I bought it when Swede was born and it looks like it's been discontinued, but hopefully there is a similar blanket in a different pattern, because it's perfect! Cute on one side. Soft on the other side. Just the right size to take along in the diaper bag.


5) The Baby K'Tan Baby Carrier is the only item on this list that we didn't have with Swede. I used an Ergo with Swede, and I'm sure I'll use it with Abel too, but it feels a little bulky to wear inside and the bottom band is too tight on my C-section incision. The Baby K'Tan is really easy to put on and low profile. Abel seems very cozy and snug inside and will happily sleep there whether I'm outside walking or just mooching around the house.

Obviously I have dozens more items that we need/use/love on a daily basis - We couldn't survive without the white noise machine! And I love the smell of Burt's Bees Baby Bee Shampoo and Lotion - But these are the standouts for this first month with Abel. You moms out there... What are some of your favorite baby-related products?

11 comments:

  1. I loved wraps when my youngest was first born, I think there were some days she spent more time in a wrap then out!

    Jen@Jpabstfitness.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the way I feel too! He gets all the benefit of getting cuddles from mom but I can get something done too!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Right?!? Anyone who can do a tight swaddle with just a blanket deserves a medal!

      Delete
  3. I had so many different types of swaddles before Wes was born and from moment 1 he did NOT like having his arms confined! Such a waste- but maybe our next kiddo will love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing I've discovered is that every kid is very different! So definitely don't get rid of anything because Baby #2 might LOVE it.

      Delete
  4. I had a sollywrap for Sully and loved it! We love our ergo too, but I agree, for the times where you're just wearing them around the house, a wrap is so much nicer and less cumbersome than the ergo! I also loved our washtub for baths - made bathtime so much easier and more pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to get a Solly but at the last minute opted for the K'Tan - Similar idea but all the wrapping & tying with the Solly/Moby seemed overwhelming! It's probably easy once you get the hang of it though Right?

      Delete
    2. Haha it IS easy, but some days it still seemed like so much effort. Especially since I'd have to completely re-tie it if I had to take him out to use the washroom, change him, etc… ;)

      Delete
  5. I've just started noticing these Baby T'Kan carriers. They look like an essential. I loved using the Ergo back when I was nannying full-time. I love your names, Swede and Abel. What was your story behind the name, Swede? Merry Christmas!

    Kaitlyn @ Kaitlyn-Danielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swede is actually a nickname. Her real name is Ingrid. We call her Swede because she was named after Ingrid Bergman who was Swedish. Also one of my favorite literary characters is an 8-year-old girl named Swede from the book "Peace Like a River."
      Merry Christmas to you to! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.