Monday, December 28, 2015

Things I did right in 2015

Don't worry, I won't be following this up with a "Things I did wrong in 2015" post! Although that might be funny, and I can certainly think of more than enough examples. These are just the things that happened in 2015 that I'm the most proud of. [Apparently, correcting hanging prepositions isn't one of them.]

1) I HAD A BABY! It goes without saying [But I'm going to say it anyway!] that welcoming this little one to my family was a pretty significant highlight in 2015.


2) I was promoted at work! I've been at the same company for almost 7 years. [I'm a CPA.] This is my second promotion in that time and a bigger deal than the first one. It was delayed one year because of having Swede and starting to work remotely from Durango, so I am definitely ready and excited to take this next step!

3) I read 46 books. I think the Book of the Year award goes to Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel, but I also liked: Attachments by Rainbow Rowell, At the Water's Edge by Sara Gruen, Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos, and A Window Opens by Elisabeth Egan.

4) I finally [FINALLY!] succeeded in my New Years Resolution to make flossing my teeth an every day habit.

5) Another successful New Years Resolution is that I started going to church again regularly.

6) I wrote in my "One Line A Day" journal EVERY SINGLE DAY. One year done... Four to go! I think it will be really fun in years to come to see what I was doing on the same day in the past.


7) I started this blog! I've been reading blogs for years and have thought from time to time about starting my own, and I am so glad that I did. I only wish I had started it sooner. It has been really fun to connect with so many new people. I've really enjoyed chatting about my life these past few months with you all. Thank you for reading... I wouldn't be doing this without you!

7 comments:

  1. These are great achievements for the year :) I'm finishing up a journal where I answered a question each day as well and I can't wait to go back and restart it for the next year. So fun to look back and ahead at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of a question-a-day journal but I think all the time I can manage is the one minute, one sentence recap for now! Maybe when the kids are older!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your promotion! And of course on the birth of adorable Abel :) I've heard of those journals before and think I need to pick myself up one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope I can keep up the journal for another 4 years... Amazing how different things will be if/when I finish!

      Delete
  3. These are all great things! Obviously, Abel trumps all, but flossing your teeth every day?! That's impressive!! Haha. I have one of those journals except you answer a question a day and I failed miserably at writing in it. Maybe I should try again this year seeing as how it's a new year, but then, do I just leave the remainder of the year unwritten about blank? That kind of drives me crazy to think about it lol. I really, really loved the book Attachments. Have you read Eleanor & Park by her? I REALLY loved that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the line-a-day journal once before and failed halfway through the year, then abandoned completely... Drives me crazy too to leave things unfinished.
      Yes, I liked E&P too! I really like all RR's books except Fangirl. I also read Landline this year which was fun.

      Delete
  4. What a great year! I would love to get a promotion haha

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.