Sunday, December 13, 2015

Weekend [Dec 12-13, 2015]

Hey Friends, Did you have a nice weekend? We are trying to find a balance between keeping things low-key and avoiding cabin fever. Sometimes we are successful... Sometimes not.

We started the day on Saturday with pancakes. We are fans of the silver dollar style. Also - This Le Creuset Batter Bowl is one of my favorite kitchen items ever.


We had at the first decent snow of the winter on Saturday morning, so I bundled up Swede to explore the back yard.


After nap time we went to the Festival of Trees. See the tree in the background with the banana ornaments? When I asked Swede which tree was her favorite she said "Banana!"


Then we walked around downtown where I happened to see a paper crane with a line from one of my favorite poems written on it. Random.


Highlights on Sunday included: Donuts! Playtime with Swede. Reading/Snuggling with Abel during Swede's nap time. Watching a cheesy-in-the-best-possible-way Lifetime movie called 12 Dates of Christmas with my mom.


That's all! It is now officially past my bedtime. I've been putting Abel down at 8 pm and attempting to go to sleep myself as soon after that as possible. He's been up pretty consistently around 11 pm, 2 am, and 5 am. I'd love to get one longer stretch of sleep but it hasn't happened yet... If I could have any Christmas wish come true I think that would be it!

10 comments:

  1. You guys have so much snow! And now I'm craving pancakes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had another 6 inches or so yesterday. It really feel more like Christmas now with all the snow outside.
      It's never a bad day for pancakes... Do it! :-)

      Delete
  2. Ah! Banana tree! That's hilarious! Hope you start getting longer stretches of sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swede talking has been one of the most fun things! The things she says are so hilarious.
      I think we've got to move Abel into his own room for everyone to sleep longer... He's just too noisy!

      Delete
  3. So much snow! We have none right now and I actually hope it snows for Christmas because I love a white Christmas. Going to bed at 8 is smart! Sometimes, even with just a toddler (who sleeps through the night), I think I should do that! One of these days... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had another big snowstorm yesterday, It feels so cozy and festive to look outside at all the snow. Hoping we get a couple more inches on Christmas Eve or Day to pretty it up again though - This batch will be pretty sloppy by then.

      Delete
  4. We make pancakes at least twice a month, so that batter bowl purchase is justified- right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally justified! It was a gift from Jonathan's parents for my birthday this year... I don't think I could have handled the price tag if I was buying it for myself.

      Delete
  5. We are trying to figure out a good balance of staying home & being busy too. Some days I enjoy staying home & others I feel like I'll go crazy if we sit around reading one more book.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.