Sunday, December 20, 2015

Weekend [Dec 19-20, 2015]

I think I might put these "Weekend Recap" posts on hiatus until I'm back at work and have more traditional weekends, or at least until I start doing something more fun on the weekends! I feel like a broken record these days. Managing both kiddos is hard! And it's actually more difficult on the weekends because I spend more time taking care of both Swede & Abel by myself, versus weekdays when Swede spends time at preschool or with my mom. Jonathan helps on the weekends, of course, but someone also has to get errands and chores done.

Saturday morning was uneventful. I managed to do a couple loads of laundry in between feeding Abel and playing Legos with Swede, and to get everything folded and put away... Epic productivity! In the afternoon I went on my first solo outing with both kids. We went to to the library. No meltdowns by anyone... Major triumph!

This is the only photo I took all day... My daily sweet sleepy Abel snapshot.


On Sunday we had biscuits & gravy for breakfast, then Swede & I made The Browniest Cookies from Smitten Kitchen. [Take note, Chocoholics! These are the real deal.] Not exactly a healthy morning but delicious!



During Swede's nap I watched Downton Abbey. [And dealt with an unfortunate spit up episode, because I was too caught up in the show to burp Abel properly, but let's focus on the positive.] I binged through Seasons 1-3 last summer but was so upset by Matthew's death that I quit watching. Now I've recovered and am making quick work of Seasons 4-5. 

I finished the day with a quick visit to the Discovery Museum with my mom & the kids, then the usual dinner/bedtime chaos. 

I'm trying to think of ways to make the weekends go better... Possibly hiring someone to clean the house so that's one less thing to deal with. Any other ideas?

It's hard to believe it's Christmas week already! I hope that you're all having a lovely holiday season. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'd love to hire someone! But then I think of all the things I'd have to tell them about where to put stuff and how I like things done, that I get stressed out and just do it myself. haha. those cookies look YUM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree on the house cleaners... I keep weighing the pros and cons. Just would really LOVE some more time on the weekend!

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.