Saturday, January 2, 2016

2016 Goals

Hey Friends, I hope these first days of 2016 are treating you well!

We celebrated New Year's Eve with Molten Blue Cheese Dip and a game of Ticket to Ride with my parents. I'm hoping to make appetizers & board games a tradition for NYE, and looking forward to when the kids can join in!

I didn't have any photos to go with this post so here's one of my favorite little chub... Love this face!


1) Get back in shape! Mostly this means running and yoga. I'd like to run 3x/week, working towards a half marathon in June, and go to yoga 2x/week. Thank goodness for for the gym daycare!

2) Eat better. Specifically, to eat less sugar and more vegetables. I'm trying to decide how specific I want to be with this goal. Generally I think strict rules (especially regarding food) tend to backfire. I'm thinking about making a list of vegetables that we like to eat, to reference when planning meals, with the goal of incorporating at least one each day. 

3) Play the piano regularly. I'd really like to become a better piano player. I go through phases where I'll play every day and really like it, but then something will happen (busy season at work, having a baby) and I'll quit for months and have to start all over. 

4) Be more FUN! What do I mean by this? To be light-hearted, spontaneous, not overreacting to problems, not stressing the to-do list, putting down the phone/camera to be in the moment and fully engage with whoever I'm with, trying new activities despite the potential for chaos, and then embracing the chaos, because let's face it, there's going to be chaos! I have no idea how to quantify this... Any ideas?

I'd like to continue my successful 2015 resolutions of flossing my teeth every day, keeping my Line-A-Day journal, and going to church regularly, as well as posting here 2x/week. I'd also like to upgrade this space a little from this most basic of all templates.

My word for 2016 is GRATITUDE.

Happy New Year!!! Here's wishing you a year filled with joy and adventure!

12 comments:

  1. Love the gratitude theme and the realistic goals. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how realistic "be more fun" is... I feel like being fun requires energy which is in short supply these days! ;-)

      Delete
  2. SO CUTE! I don't make resolutions because a)I don't keep them, or b) I forget them. I miss playing the piano! My dad is trying to sell his (mine?) because no one is around to play it anymore. I would like to go back to church more often, but Tyler isn't religious and Wes is still a bit unpredictable in the behavior department to take him on Sunday mornings (plus, it doesn't really fit into his routine...is that awful??!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have tried church while Swede was still doing a morning nap, I was ALL about sticking to the routine. The church I've been going to has Sunday School for Swede so that makes it easier too.

      Delete
  3. These are great goals! Maybe for the fun thing - in order to "track" it - you could do something like, try something new (with the kids/a friend) once a week, etc. Like a new park, a new indoor play place....something like that?

    I also want to start going to church again...I always planned to get Sully baptized but haven't yet, so I need to find a new church here to go to...convincing my husband to go with us will be the challenge. Taking a toddler to church also scares me lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The church I've been going to has Sunday School for Swede which makes it so much easier, I wouldn't want to manage her in the actual service either!
      Thanks for the "fun" suggestions... Getting out of the house to do anything would be a good start!

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year! I love all of your goals, but especially "Play the piano regularly"! A lot of times the lists I read are all so similar but that is the first time I've read that one :) Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goal is 15 minutes per day... That seems doable right?!? Although I haven't started yet!

      Delete
  5. These are great goals! I need to be more fun too and not let small things stress me out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I think I stress the small things more than the big things! I'm always stressing the to-do list. My new motto: One thing at a time, It'll all get done!

      Delete
  6. The piano is a good goal. I used to love playing. I took lessons once and week and got pretty good at it but it's been years since I've played. I've lost the ability to fluently read sheet music from not doing it enough. :( I wish I had time to get back into it. Eating less sugar is also on my list. We got so much candy and sweets from family for the holidays! I'm actually getting tired of sweets (never thought I'd say that) and sometimes I just want veggies or something not sweet lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't start playing until college so I'm not very good, but would like to get better! Hopefully this is the year.

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.