Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Currently - January 2016

Hey Friends! I've never done a "Currently" post before, but I always like reading them, so I thought I'd share what's been going on this month.

Watching: More TV than I have in a long time! Specifically... Since my last maternity leave with Swede. I binged through Mozart in the Jungle on Amazon Prime and am currently working through Sex in the City. I'm also watching the new seasons of New Girl and Downton Abbey. Speaking of Downton Abbey - The New York Times has the funniest reviews of each episode! Here is a link to the most recent one... Don't read it if you haven't watched yet!


Listening to: My Lighthouse by Rend Collective. We sang this song at church a couple weeks ago and I downloaded it the same day!

Loving: Running! I've said it before, but I'll say it again - I am SO happy to be running again. I've had a couple bad runs [usually after nights with extra broken sleep] but mostly I feel energized. And I'm getting faster! Slowly, and I'm still slow, but it's happening.

Not Loving: The limited selection of decent yoga classes at my gym. But I don't want to pay for separate yoga classes at a real studio on top of my gym membership. Does anyone know of a good [and free] source for online yoga classes? I've never had much luck working out at home though.

Reading: by The Bronte Plot Katherine Reay.


Eating: Snyder's Jalapeno Pretzels! I'm addicted!

Praying for: Patience. Sometimes I feel like I'm so far from the person [and consequently, the mom] that I want to be: Patient, Kind, Generous, Light-Hearted. I can be impatient and distracted with the kids, always running through the to-do list in my head instead of participating fully in the moment.

Thinking about: How to incorporate the tips from this article into everyday life - How Practicing Mindfulness with your Children Leads to a Happier, Calmer Home.

Craving: SLEEP. Although Abel did sleep for 7+ hours on Sunday night! [In honor of his two-month birthday?] I felt like throwing a party.


Wearing: The same few items of clothing over and over - My Patagonia Re-Tool Fleece Jacket , my L.L. Bean Fleece-Lined Flannel Shirt, and my Boden Cozy Hoody.

Looking forward to: Getting my first Mama's Milk Box [like Stichfix for nursing moms!] later this week. Which will hopefully add a little variety to the "Wearing" category above!

That's all for January! Is it crazy that I've already started to think about Valentine's Day? Jonathan and I never do much beyond a nice meal at home, but I'm thinking it might be fun to do something special for Swede this year. My current plan is to get her a new book [Peppa Pig and the I Love You Game] and make heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast. Do you have any Valentine's Day traditions?

9 comments:

  1. Ohh I'm gonna have to read the downton recaps! Love that show. I hear ya on patience...mine is getting surprisingly better. Like, I didn't do a big sigh when I got up at 3:45 this morning. That's HUGE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like Downton you must checkout the recaps - They are so funny!
      I'm guilty of a BIG sigh and a "Nooooo" when I got up for the third time last night... It's so hard!

      Delete
  2. Woo hoo for a long sleep for Abel! Those are always so nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He hasn't done it again but...Progress! I felt like I didn't even need to go back to sleep after feeding him. I did, of course, but I'd already gotten my six hours in which is pretty normal these days.

      Delete
  3. I've never done a currently post either - so funny that we both did our first one on the same day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I thought the same thing when I saw yours!

      Delete
  4. I thought becoming a mom would make me more patient, but it's definitely something I continue to have to work on. Like every single day. I envy really, really patient people!! We had that same long sleeve striped onesie (well a pack of them!). I love babies in stripes, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely more patient with my kids than with anyone else in the entire world but... They sure do give me practice!
      I think that pack of Carters striped onesies comes standard issue with all boy babies. :-)

      Delete
  5. I LOVE Downton Abbey!! I haven't read those reviews though - thanks I'll have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.