1) I splurged on a Patagonia Full-Zip Re-Tool Fleece Jacket for myself for Christmas, and I've been living in it every since. I've had the pullover version for five years and it still looks as good as new, but the full zip is more nursing-friendly. It's so cozy, and I know it'll last for years.
2) Swede is really into Peppa Pig these days. We gave her a stuffed Peppa and a book as her present "from Abel" when he was born, and she's quickly become a big fan. We've checked out several books from the library, and bought a few more, and we've started watching a few of the 5-minute episodes together while I'm nursing Abel in the afternoon. This is the first TV show she has had any interest in. It's really nice to have a few minutes of quiet time.
[Please imagine that there is a cute photo of Swede & Peppa here... Peppa was feeling camera-shy.]
3) I received the Lauren Fleshman Believe Training Journal as a Christmas gift and have been diligently tracking my workouts since I started running again at the beginning of January. I've never had a dedicated training journal before but I do love keeping track of my runs. The accountant in me has always loved the "numbers" side of running.
4) I mentioned this in my Meal Planning post last week, but I can't get enough of the No-Bake Energy Bites from Gimme Some Oven. They are the perfect little snack pretty much whenever. After a work-out? Yes. For a little something sweet after dinner? Yes. When I realize that I'm absolutely starving during a 3 am nursing session? Yes. I tried the Nutella Energy Bites as well but honestly, if it's Nutella I'd rather just be eating it straight from the jar with a spoon.
Photo credit: Ali Ebright
5) What do you do with your family photos? The past couple years I've been really into making photo albums from Shutterfly. The first one I made was for a vacation with Jonathan to Paris and Amsterdam in 2013, but soon after, once Swede was born, I started making annual books with all our family photos. I update them every couple weeks throughout the year. The 2015 book came a couple weeks ago and I can't stop paging through it.
What are you loving this month???