Friday, February 5, 2016

Gratitude and Goals - February 2016

Happy Friday! Today I'm linking up with Suzanna at One Hoolie Mama and Julie at Fab Working Mom Life for "Gratitude and Goals." This seems like the perfect combination for me since one of my 2016 Goals is to focus on gratitude!

This week I am grateful for:

 - Swede and Abel. Just the mere fact of their existence. But specifically... That Abel is smiling! And that Swede is recovering from the cold/cough/fever of the last few weeks.


 - The way Gumball cuddles up to me when I get back in bed in the middle of the night after feeding Abel.

 - Vanilla Lattes... The morning would just not be the same otherwise.

 - Living so close to my parents. Not only is my mom a) one of my best friends and b) the biggest help EVER with the kids, but it also makes me happy that my kids get to grow up knowing their grandparents so well.

 - Running! And almost equally important, the child care at the gym.

 - These delicious Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken and Swiss Sandwiches from Bev Cooks.


My goals for February:

 - To start my official half marathon training for Steamworks.

 - To focus on the task at hand. Whatever it might happen to be. Folding laundry. Playing with the kids. Making dinner. Lately I have been obsessed with my to-do list. I find myself compulsively running it through my head over and over. I am going to make a seriously effort this month to focus on ONE. THING. AT. A. TIME. It will all get done.

That's all!

Do you have plans for the Super Bowl this weekend?!? Despite living in Colorado, there are no Broncos fans in this house. Jonathan is a fan of the 49ers, and I'm a fan of the food. I'm thinking Kicked Up Spinach Dip and Buffalo Chicken Pizza.

8 comments:

  1. I agree, I am SO thankful that I live close to my Mom and am close to her. We usually watch Superbowl so I was going to offer to host people if Chad wanted, not that the house is hosting ready but we can make do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope that when our girls are grownup we'll be able to be as close (geographically and emotionally) as we are now with our moms!

      Delete
  2. Aww what a cutie pie photo you shared :) Yes it is so wondeful that you live so close to your mom and you are able to have her support in your life and your baby's :) Thanks for joining #GratitudeGoals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thanks for hosting the linkup. I love the gratitude & goals combo.

      Delete
  3. Jealous! I SO wish we lived near my parents!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's SO helpful to be near them since the kids were born... That's why we moved from Denver!

      Delete
  4. Okay those chicken sandwiches. NEED. ASAP. Thanks for sharing. Good luck on your half training! I was supposed to be running a half in a few weeks but it's a trail race. I've decided I'd rather save my ankles and not trip 100 times like I did on the previous trail races.

    I love your last goal. I need to adopt this too. I am way to worried about getting it all done when it never really is anyway, so why even worry about it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try to chicken sandwiches. They were SO good and really easy to make in the crock pot.
      I'm thinking about doing a trail race in July... Haven't done one since 2011 so a little worried that I'll trip and fall a dozen times too!

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.