Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Lately

Hey Friends, How are you??? I have to admit, I've been struggling lately. I've been discouraged, overwhelmed, and so SO tired. Swede was sick, then Abel was sick, then I was sick, and now Abel is going through a fun little sleep regression. I've had some difficult moments. Remember that 2016 Goal to be more FUN? I'm not sure I've made that much progress. 

However, I had the [absurdly obvious] realization the other day that there are going to be lousy moments pretty much every single day, but it's my choice whether to focus on them, or to let it go and focus on the good moments, which are also a daily occurrence. Such as Tuesday when Swede told me I'm the "best mama ever." Top Ten Parenting Moment right there!

That's about all I have to say today. Some recent photos:

Tough guy!

This one cracks me up! Siblings...

We made belated Valentine's Day cookies this week.

Swede's hair looks like this 99% of the time, and it drives me crazy. But I'm learning to let go. I think maybe that Swede wearing a perfect coordinating outfit [which I've also abandoned all hope of] with a perfect tidy hairdo is more about ME wanting to appear like the perfect organized mom via Swede than anything else. Look how happy she is with her messy hair! I think that's a better reflection of my being a good mom than if her hair was combed.


Jonathan and I went to lunch date on Presidents Day at one of my favorite local restaurants. It was great except for dessert. We ordered the last piece of cheesecake but after waiting 20 minutes were informed that it had been dropped, that they'd tried to salvage it but to no avail. I'm a little perturbed by the "salvage" comment... From the floor?!?! Probably for the best that we didn't get it. 



My favorite little man!

Happy Thursday! May you notice and cherish and remember only the very BEST moments of the day. 

12 comments:

  1. Aww, I'm sorry you've been having a difficult time lately. I've been sick for the past several days so I can pretty much relate, although I only have a toddler to take care of, not a baby as well ----> (that's my biggest fear about having a second child!!) But man it's tough when all you want to do is sleep :(

    That's hilarious about the pie...how do you salvage a dropped piece of pie?! Reminds me of a time we ordered calamari at a restaurant and when the waitress brought it to the table, she tipped the plate and all the calamari fell onto the table. Then she quickly grabbed each piece and put it back on the plate. With her bare hands! Luckily, my mom wasn't having it and spoke up, but I was flabbergasted! You just touched all of our food and somehow you think that's ok? (The waitress was clueless as to why we wanted a new plate).

    Hope this week goes better for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little disturbing to think about how much unsavory behavior must go on behind the scenes in restaurants that we don't know about. (Unsavory! Ha.) Almost makes me not want to go out to eat, but... I really love going out to eat! This was one of my favorite restaurants too! Now I'm feeling a little leery to go there again. Arg.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear that you are having some rough moments- the sleep regressions and being sick are hard! Hope things get better soon :)

    Abel is looking so big and grown up! I think Swede's hair is perfect just how it is :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abel is growing up so fast! He's 3 months this week but already in 6 months clothes. Such a chub. :-)
      Things are looking up this week, Thanks for the good wishes!

      Delete
  3. I hope you get more sleep! I am stupid tired these days and right now have no idea how I will manage if this baby does not sleep - we were way too lucky with Avery!
    Avery's hair is always a mess, I can brush it, blowdry it and within an hour it looks like it did before. I just gave up on it!
    Salvage it?! lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swede was a much better sleeper than Abel so far. Seems like the first baby is always easier... That's how they trick you into having another!

      Delete
  4. Salvage a piece of cheesecake?! What! I am so sorry to hear everyone has been sick and you are too! Hoping that some more sleep comes your way, momma! Stay strong <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last night, FINALLY, Abel had a good night. Hopefully it's not a fluke. Life is sooooo much easier when everyone is healthy and well-rested.

      Delete
  5. Haha the nose picking! And the last photo of you and Abel= 😍😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know that saying, "You can pick your friends, You can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose"? Apparently you can pick your little brother's nose!

      Delete
  6. You have beautiful kids!!! I hope you get more sleep soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Valentine's cookies look amazing! Have an awesome day <3

    Blessings,
    Edye // Gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.