Friday, March 11, 2016

Currently - March 2016

Happy Friday! Actually... I am not so happy that it's Friday, because today marks the official end of my maternity leave. Not only will I miss spending time with the kids, but I keeping thinking how I'll probably never take 3+ months off work again until I retire. That's a long time! You never know what's going to happen, of course. I could get fired. Or win in the lottery! [Let's hope for the latter.]

Here's what I've been up to lately...

Watching: Not much. I decided to quit watching TV while feeding Abel, and I don't really have any other opportunity. In the evenings I'd rather just read my book and go to bed early. I did watch the final episode of Downton Abbey this week, and am looking forward to Season Two of Grantchester starting at the end of March.

Listening to: Podcasts! I am the most technologically incompetent person ever, but I finally figured out (OK, Brie told me) how to listen to podcasts. I feel a little silly because it's so easy but I didn't realize that they are all there already on my phone! I thought I'd have to go download them elsewhere, etc. Anyway, I've been enjoying Happier with Gretchen Rubin.


Loving: Good days with the kids. They can be so much fun. I love talking to Swede. I love her energy and her sweet and funny personality. She's creative and clever and cheerful. And Abel... Let me never forget how delicious he smells. I love his smile and his little babbling voice and his manic full-body wiggles and his sweet sleeping baby face.



Not Loving: Bad days with the kids. Some days are just... bad! Maybe everyone gets up too early, and it goes downhill from there. Swede is grumpy and Abel is fussy and I don't have enough patience. Some days it feels like someone (or everyone, including me!) is crying at any given moment from 5 am until 7 pm.

Wearing: The same old boring clothes that I've been wearing all winter. I'm looking forward to getting my spring/summer clothes out from storage and buying some new things. But that's not going to happen until April.

Praying for: My grandma, who is having some health problems.

Reading: The Lake House by Kate Morton. I've read all Kate Morton's books, and despite not loving any of them, I keep coming back for more! I do love the the rose-colored world she conjures up of life in England in the 1920s and 30s. But it irritates me how the big mysterious tragic secret is hinted at and alluded to and revealed oh-so-slowly in dribs and drabs. It's not like in a traditional mystery how you figure out the mystery along with the detective. In these books the reader is the one left out of the secret. No one likes to be left out from a secret! I've been enjoying this one more than usual though. Somehow I'm more content this time to just meander along rather than racing impatiently to the conclusion.


Eating: Everything! I am so hungry all. the. time. That's nursing for you. I know this is a ridiculous complaint but sometimes it's hard to eat enough. I'll rephrase that... It's hard to eat enough healthy food. Sure, I could eat donuts all day, but it's probably not the best idea.

Thinking about: Going back to work on Monday. How am I going to find time for everything??? Specifically, these things that I currently do during "work hours" - Going running, Taking a shower, Walking GB. It seems like I will either have to sacrifice time with the kids, or sleep.

Craving: A coffee date or happy hour with my BFFs.

Looking forward to: Easter! Last year we had a really fun time doing an Easter Egg Hunt with Swede and this year I think she'll be even more into it. I am getting her (surprise, surprise) Peppa's Easter Egg Hunt... The obsession continues.

Easter 2015 - She was still such a baby then!

Happy Weekend!

10 comments:

  1. You know what's weird? Now that I stopped nursing I'm hungry like a beast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? It was the other way for me after I stopped nursing Swede. I couldn't believe how not hungry I was, and would forget to eat. ME! Forget to eat! Hopefully it works that way when Abel's done too.

      Delete
  2. Happy weekend but sorry to hear it's the end of your maternity leave! This is all the more reason for you to have a WONDERFUL weekend. I have never watched Downton Abbey but I have heard a lot of folks talking about the finale. What did you think? Thanks for the book/author suggestion - I have never read any of Kate Morton's works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've never watched Downton?!?! Actually I had never watched until last summer when I binged through the first 5 seasons in about a month. It's addictive.

      Delete
  3. Yay for figuring out podcasts! I didn't know either that they were just "sitting" there on my phone, lol.

    Bad days are so hard, aren't they? That hour from 4-5pm can be the longest hour ever while waiting for 'Daddy' to get home!

    That photo of Swede from Easter last year is adorable!! They change so much in a year :(

    I hope you have a fantastic weekend before returning to work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made it through my first week back to work! Honestly I think work is easier than being a SAHM! :-)

      Delete
  4. So sorry to hear about your Grandma! I will keep her in my prayers <3

    Blessings,
    Edye // Gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Edye! She is doing better. :-)

      Delete
  5. If you like Happier you would LOVE The Lively Show- check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check it out, Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.