Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter Weekend

Now... This is how you start a weekend! Scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese. Applewood maple chicken sausage. Pillsbury cinnamon rolls. The perfect fuel for an 8 mile run!


After my run I mooched around the house with these little monsters.



Naptime for the kids = Quiet time for me. A cup of tea and I started Inside the O'Briens for Brie's book club.


In the afternoon we went to the library to pick up new bedtime stories for Swede and stopped by the grocery store, then it was time for bathtime/bedtime for the kids, and I didn't manage to stay up much later.

Sunday morning started way too early for me with a fussy Abel and neither of us managed to recover our good spirits for most of the day. We went to an earlier-than-normal church service which meant a hectic morning getting ready, and then I feel like from 10-2 I spent all my time putting someone down for a nap (Abel, Abel, Swede, Abel).

We did have a really fun afternoon doing an Easter Egg Hunt at my parents' house later. Swede really liked finding the eggs and then opening them to discover all the fun surprises (stickers, candy, etc) inside.




We also made chocolate chip cookies and I'm off to enjoy one with the new season of Grantcheseter. I hope you had a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun weekend! Cinnamon rolls are the best :)

    Blessings,
    Edye // Gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not one to keep up with weather conditions, but it didn't snow where you are?! That's awesome to be able to get an outdoor Easter egg hunt! Did you finish the book? What did you think??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a big snowstorm in Denver but we're way in the southwest of Colorado and luckily the bad weather doesn't always make it this far!
      I did finish the book! I keep thinking, If it were me - Would I want to find out???

      Delete
  3. Aww Swede is just so cute with her little basket!! And Abel is getting so big! That breakfast looks amazing! Yay for starting the book club book! I have to read one book before I get started on it (prior commitment!), but it makes me so happy to see everyone reading it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abel is so big! I'm already like, I'm so sad I never get to have another newborn!
      Looking forward to chatting about the book with everyone. A good book club pick - Lots to think about!

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.