Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Five Favorites - March 2016

Well, Friends... I don't feel like I have that many new favorites to share with you today. I've been pretty much on auto-pilot lately. March is a traditionally difficult month for me. As a CPA it's the longest, busiest month leading up to the April 15th deadline. And the weather in Colorado can be a little frustrating when we're all so ready for spring. Anyway... Enough complaining! Here are a few things I AM loving lately.

1) This sweatshirt from Fitspiration Couture is my new favorite. And it's so true. Almost. My daily schedule goes 1st) pump, and 2nd) make blueberry oatmeal for Swede and a vanilla latte for me. It doesn't look like it's available anymore though. I'm curious to see what the story is with these "GLAM subscription boxes." I haven't had much luck with subscription boxes in the past, so we'll see...


2) I've been listening to music more often since I started working again and my new favorite is Lauren Daigle. She sounds SO much like Adele, who I also love.


3) I think I'll do a separate post on the pros and cons of working from home, but I've been very glad to be working from home these past two weeks. It's hard enough trying to figure out a new normal as a (once again) working mom, but I'm glad I don't have to worry about wearing business clothes (especially because none of my business clothes fit me yet) and packing up my pump & bottles every day, not to mention the commute is pretty nice.

4) One of Swede's current favorites (and therefore mine) is her Melissa & Doug Water Wow Coloring Book. We bought this a while ago but she wasn't into it until recently. It's genius! Perfect for being out and about or for travel.


5) The other day Heather mentioned her favorite Bible verse as one of her Friday Favorites, so I thought I'd share mine. It's definitely one I've been trying to keep in mind lately!


That's all! What are some of your favorites this month? I really want to try these Brownie Batter Energy Bites. And I'm looking forward to buying some new clothes in April - I want this Space Dye PR Tank 2... I really think it'll help me PR a race this summer!

12 comments:

  1. That sweatshirt is super cute! I love the neckline on it. I have a coffee mug with a similar saying on it. I need to track down that water colouring book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the Water Wow from Amazon. They are pretty cheap and you can use them over and over! Swede likes it better now than when we got it a few months ago as she's improved at using a pen, but you could also do a paintbrush with water. Not as portable though.

      Delete
  2. I'm not huge into stuff with sayings on it, but I really like that sweatshirt!!! I need one that says 'don't talk to me'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither usually, I think this is only the 2nd thing I own with a saying on it, but it was too perfect.

      Delete
  3. Love that shirt! haha. SO true! That is awesome you can work from home, is it permanent?
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we moved from Denver two years ago I kept my job and have been working remotely from home ever since. It's mostly great but I do miss being in a real office sometimes.

      Delete
  4. I love Lauren's music too! I totally agree that she sounds like Adele :)

    Blessings,
    Edye // Gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard Lauren first in church and my first thought was, "Since when does Adele do Christian music?!"

      Delete
  5. I feel your pain about working busy season during the first quarter of the year! It's brutal!

    The sweatshirt is super cute and I really love the hairdo! I've never heard of Lauren but if she sounds like Adele, I think I would really enjoy her music, too! Will have to check her out, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd rather busy season Q1 than in the summer. When the weather is bad sometimes I think I might as well stay inside to work. Although I'd rather be staying inside to watch movies and eat popcorn. :-)

      Delete
  6. I LOVE THAT SWEATSHIRT!!! That's great you're working from home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You work from home too Right? We should compare notes. :-)

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.