Friday, March 4, 2016

Gratitude and Goals - March 2016

Hello Friends! I'm linking up with Julie at Fab Working Mom Life and Suzanna at One Hoolie Mama for Gratitude and Goals again.

This month, I am grateful...

     - That Abel [maybe, hopefully, fingers crossed that I'm not jinxing myself] appears to be moving towards one wake-up per night around 3 am. He's done that three times this week and for me to sleep for 6 whole hours in a row has been wonderful.


     - That I was able to take sixteen weeks of maternity leave. I know this is nothing compared to most first-world countries [I'm looking at you, Canadians!] but unfortunately in the U.S. it's pretty generous.

     - That on the third attempt I found a church in Durango that I really like.

     - That I gave up on the uninspiring yoga classes at the gym and started attending a 90-minute hot Vinyasa class on Saturday mornings at a real studio.

     - That the weather has been nice enough lately to play outside with Swede. 


Speaking of Swede and gratitude, when I'm putting her to bed, after we read stories, I've started to ask her what she's grateful for. Some recent answers are: Grandma, Uncle Rob, Daddy, going swinging at the park, cheese, and boogers.

My goals for March are...

     - To stick with my Unplugged30 challenge to limit phone/internet use.

     - To not panic and to not let everything else (running, yoga, eating healthy, spending quality time with the kids, reading, sleeping) go by the wayside when I return to work on March 14th.

That's all!

What are your goals this month? What are you grateful for? What are you up to this weekend?

15 comments:

  1. How precious. I blogged about my goals and linked up. Wedding this weekend and church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 16 weeks is amazing! Those first few months back at work were the hardest thing I've ever done! Aww that sweet little man, one nighly waking is so much more doable huh? thanks for linking up! :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's bad timing too! As a CPA I'm going back to work at the absolute busiest time of the year - March 15 to April 15. :-( It's going to be a tough month.

      Delete
    2. I feel ya. I went back to work just in time to dive right into my most busy reporting season too.

      Delete
  3. Yay for only one wake up! I just recently thought to myself "what if this baby does not sleep like A?!" haha. She spoiled us way too much!
    I know us Canadians are VERY lucky with a year off! I am not taking the full year this time but still am taking 9.5 months which is a ton of time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! We were really spoiled with Swede being such a good sleeper. I wish I could have taken 9 months off. Although staying home with two kiddos is a pretty tough job too!

      Delete
  4. I mean how can you not be grateful for boogers?! Haha. She's so cute. Go Abel go! That stretch of sleep must feel so nice! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abel.is.adorable. Boogers are pretty special. Durango? My favorite vacation we ever took growing up was to a dude ranch just outside Durango- one of my fave places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Durango! It's a pretty nice place to live! Although pretty isolated and I miss the big city amenities sometimes... Especially shopping!

      Delete
  6. Oh I liked this - writing down what you're grateful for - what a great idea! That photo of Abel is so precious! What a sweetheart. Fingers crossed he continues to sleep in nice long chunks! Especially as you prepare to go back to work. Love Swede's shades - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She calls them her "sunnies." :-)
      I'm a little worried about Abel's sleep... We've had one wake up for 3 nights in a row but it's getting earlier and earlier - 3 then 2:30 then 2... Fingers crossed we're not heading into a new regression!

      Delete
  7. I love gratitude posts! Reading them help me to also reflect on things I'm grateful for that I might ordinarily overlook. I need to also set the goal of spending less time on my phone/internet. It's become so addictive but it really does take away from quality time with my friends and family, which really defeats the purpose!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I literally laughed out loud at the yoga class one. I have been going to yoga at the Y and yeah... it's just not the same as a studio class. I love hot yoga!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.