Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Return to Weekends

Hey Friends! So, I ended up taking a little break from the blog world last week as I adjusted to going back to work after maternity leave. It was a tough week! Trying to get organized at work at the absolute busiest time of the year. Trying to figure out new schedules at home. Plus Swede was sick again... I'm feeling more optimistic and confident for the week ahead though. And my boss did send me these pretty flowers, which brightened my spirits on Monday.


I think I'll start doing "Weekend Recap" posts again now that I'm back to work and therefore have traditional weekends again.

On Saturday we had a slow start to the morning but eventually I got organized and went into town to run 7 miles. It was hard though! My legs felt really heavy. I'm a little behind the schedule for my half marathon in June but thankfully I gave myself plenty of time to get ready. 

I had good luck with the kids' naps this weekend and they coincided for over an hour each day! On Saturday I was able to do some chores and then read with a cup of tea.


When Swede woke up we made Snickerdoodle Cookie Cupcakes. She is very into baking these days. I decided not to put frosting on them though. No one needs the extra sugar and they are still delicious... Just like really really good muffins.

On Sunday we went to church in the morning, then I napped while the kids napped, and then we just mooched around all afternoon. I sure do miss these sweet faces while I'm working but I have to admit I think my job is easier than being a SAHM of two little ones!



We ended the day with lasagna, salad, and garlic bread for dinner. Swede helped make the salad and then surprised us by gobbling it up! I guess that trick does work!


And... That's all! How was your weekend?

10 comments:

  1. Yay for surviving your fist week back! I am with you - I think working is easier than being a SAHM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much easier! Well, sometimes... It depends on the day. I do really really miss them. :-(

      Delete
  2. I was wondering where you had gone! But figured you were just getting back into the swing of things :) It always shocks me when Sully will eat salad too lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last week was tough! But I'm getting there. :-)
      I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised about the salad... Swede'll eat anything covered in ranch dressing. But she's especially obsessed with red bell peppers lately.

      Delete
  3. *HUGS* The first few weeks back after maternity leave were the most stressful and confusing I had in a while. Yay for surviving it and look at you, back to blogging and sharing adorable photos of your littles. You got this mama! And if you need help or encouragement let me know. I'm planning a workbook for working moms sometime soon, if my own working mom schedule allows me to have time to put it together ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, Thank you - I appreciate the support and encouragement! :-) Would love to see your working mom workbook!

      Delete
  4. How is your return to work going? Hopefully well! Your kids are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far... It's OK. I work at home which is nice in some ways, but challenging in others. I really really miss the kids. But it does feel nice to use my brain a little more! And to not have a co-worker dissolve into tears when I ask for a favor. ;-)

      Delete
  5. I can only imagine how tough it must be to return from maternity leave while balancing a sick child, crazy deadlines, and new schedules. Way to push through! You have a very considerate boss to give you such beautiful flowers. Look at how cute those little faces are! Snickerdoodle cookie cupcakes sound so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sick kid (and the associated being-up-all-night) was the worst part! Everything is much more manageable now that everyone is feeling better.

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.