Friday, April 1, 2016

Fitness Friday - March 2016

So, I almost didn't write this post. March wasn't the best month in terms of running. Since I started working again on the 14th I've skipped two scheduled runs and the ones I've done have been hard and slow. And these are not the most exciting posts to read or write. However... I like having a record of my training, and I feel like writing it down here keeps me accountable, so here we go.


My plan is to run three days a week. Tempo run. Speed intervals. Long run.

Week 1: (The first run was actually on February 29)
Tempo: 1 mi warm up, 1 mi @ 9:40, 2 mi @ 9:30 = 4 mi in 42:53
Speed: 1 mi warm up, 4 x 1/2 mi @ 9:05 with .25 walk/jog recovery = 4 mi in 44:21
Long: 5 mi in 56:24
Also - 1 90 min hot vinyasa yoga class

Week 2:
Tempo: 1 mi warm up, 1 mi @ 9:40, 2 mi @ 9:30 = 4 mi in 42:39
Speed: 1 mi warm up, 4 x 1/2 mi @ 9:05 with .25 walk/job recovery = 4 mi in 43:52
Long: 7 mi in 1:17:30

Week 3: (This is when I went back to work)
Tempo: Didn't happen.
Speed: Didn't happen. 4 slow miles in 49:10
Long: 7 mi in 1:22:35

Week 4:
Tempo: Didn't happen. 4 slow miles in 45:22
Speed: Didn't happen. 4 slow mi in 46:37
Long: 8 mi in 1:30:55

Week 5: (Only through Thursday)
Tempo: Didn't happen.
Speed: Didn't happen. 4 slow mi in 45:36

Total = 55 miles

I'm just going to keep at it and hopefully in the next few weeks I'll get some energy and "oomph" back to start enjoying my runs again and being able to go a little faster again. The one thing I know about running after all these years is that there are highs and lows. You just have to keep slogging through the lows and it'll get better again.

In other news:

Abel is four months old! At his checkup on Tuesday he weighed 15 lbs 10 oz (63%).


We picked up a Papa Murphy's steak and roasted garlic pizza last night for dinner - So good!


That's all! Happy Friday, and Happy April! This month I'm looking forward to: 1) The end of tax season - Yay! 2) A visit from my friend Laura aka Bestie-Face. 3) Some nice weather... Hopefully!

2 comments:

  1. I think every runner goes through weeks were runs are tough and hard. Stick with it, and they will definitely improve! And don't be too hard on yourself- you are just getting back to work and trying to find that routine with family, work, life and running. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw you're still doing a great job even without considering you have a newborn AND went back to work! I've skipped the last two fitness friday posts because I don't have anything to report, sigh. Not every week can be a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.