Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Stuff I bought in April

In March I tried not to do any non-essential shopping, and I mostly succeeded, except for some clothes for Abel, which were pretty much essential since he's growing so fast! In April... I more than made up for it!

Shopping for the kids is more fun these days than shopping for myself. I'm still about ten pounds heavier than my normal pre-pregnancy weight, and I don't think it's going anywhere until I stop nursing, so I don't want to buy too many clothes in larger sizes. Plus... Kids clothes are so cute!

I buy most clothing for Swede and Abel from Carters, but I can't resist picking up a few cute outfits from Boden when they're on sale.



In preparation for summer, I bought swimsuits for everyone!


I bought paddleboard shorts from Title Nine to match the tankini for myself... I'm so much more comfortable playing in the water with the kids when I don't feel like I'm wearing underwear in public. I also bought matching hats for both kids and a rashguard for Abel.

I also picked up some new toys for the kids. Mostly Swede. Abel is pretty content with a hand-me-down rattle and teething toy for now.


I have a hard time picking out toys for Swede. It takes me weeks to decide what to buy, and I think she'll really like something, like the toaster, only to have it languish in the toy box unloved! The puzzles and the activity cube (which I technically bought for Abel) have been Swede's favorites this month. Although the real winner is a Peppa sticker book that Jonathan brought home from the airport.

For myself, I did buy the Space Dye PR Tank 2 from Athleta, and a couple Perfect Pima Short Sleeve V-Neck Tees from J Jill. I think I'm a little younger than the target market for J Jill - Although maybe I'm kidding myself, I am turning 35 this summer! Oh well... The relaxed and not-clingy style is working for me in this post-pregnancy stage.


Last but not least, I bought Swede the Paley Sandals from See Kai Run. I like that they are machine-washable!


I think I'm on a spending freeze until June now! Honestly, it worked out pretty well for me to think, "OK, You can buy whatever you want, but you have to wait until next month." By the time it's next month, I've either changed my mind, or I'm really sure I want to buy it.

Wait, I do still need a new pair of running shoes. I've been wearing the Nike Pegasus since 2003! But this year the model changed significantly and they are not getting very good reviews, so I'm thinking about trying something new... Any suggestions?

Have you bought any new summer clothes yet? Do you think it's more fun to shop for yourself or your kids (if you have kids)? Any suggestions for fun toys for 2-year-olds?

10 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I buy way more for my kid than myself!! I'm in the same boat as you - I'm heavier than the weight I'd like to be at, so I'm not too keen on buying a bunch of new clothes for myself. Plus, I really just hate shopping for myself lol.

    I love that play toaster! How cute is that?! Somethings about wooden toys is so charming too. We just bought Sully a strider bike too. Does Swede like it? We haven't gotten out on it since we bought it because the weather turned a bit, but I'm hoping he likes it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the Hape wooden toys! They are so classy. The opposite of that plastic beeping monstrosity. But of course Swede loves that more than the toaster. The bike just came this week and it's been rainy so we haven't gotten out to try yet either. I really hope she likes it!

      Delete
  2. Wes loves wooden toys the best! Great purchases- I like them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're lucky - I wish my kids liked the wooden toys better! But of course they gravitate towards the noisy plastic ones with annoying songs that get stuck in my head for DAYS!

      Delete
  3. Aww, kids clothes are always so adorable. What is it about the mini size that makes it that much cuter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know but it's true - Everything is so much cuter in miniature! Too bad I can't shrink myself. ;-)

      Delete
  4. You have fabulous taste in clothing and toys!!! That More Tankini is beautiful! I'm a big fan of Athleta clothing, too. I'm right there with Alexandra - what is it about children's clothing that is always so cute? I want to hang a pair of those pink sandals from the rearview mirror of my car. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, YES! Those sandals would be an excellent car accessory. I wish the octopus shirt came in my size.

      Delete
  5. Those are all so cute. I didn't even know Boden sold baby clothes. The baby bunny outfit is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boden clothes are SO CUTE. I just discovered them. Maybe I need to finally place an order!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.