Thursday, April 21, 2016

The Great Summer To-Do List

Ever since Abel was born, I've been keeping a running list in my head of "things I'll deal with later." I think it's officially "later" now, so it's time to get started. My first instinct when I'm feeling overwhelmed is to make a list, so here we go! I know this isn't the most exciting post, but if you scroll to the end I do have some fun planned for the summer.


These are in no particular order. I'm hoping to tackle 2-4 items per month, starting with...

1) Reorganize the house. We need to move Jonathan's office from Abel's room. We were planning to do it the weekend after Thanksgiving but he was born the Tuesday before, so we didn't get a chance!

2) Transition Swede to a "big girl" bed. I know most kids have already transitioned from the crib by 2.5 years old, but she sleeps really well and has never tried to climb out, so there's been no rush. But Abel will need the full-size crib sooner than later.

3) Potty training! I think Swede is ready. She goes fairly often at school, but we haven't made much an effort at home yet.

4) Sleep training! Abel is still waking up once at night around 3 am. I'm not sure what my strategy is going to be, but I'm hoping to "help" him start sleeping through the night in the next few months.

5) Upgrade the blog!

6) Get family photos taken.

7) Clean up the yard... Planting flowers, etc.

8) Buy patio furniture - I want a really comfy chair to read and drink tea or a glass of wine on the patio in the summer evenings.

9) I think I'd like to try 21 Day Fix, or something similar. I want to incorporate strength training into my workout routine, in addition to just running and the occasional yoga class.

10) Random home repairs... This might be the worst one. Stuff like replacing the towel racks that are loose. Ugh, I hate DIY projects! I have no idea where to start.

And now for the fun!


1) Play at the river

2) Bike rides on the river trail

3) Go to the playground - They are putting up a huge new play structure at one of the local parks that looks very fun!

4) Picnics

5) I'm going to Breckenridge for a girls weekend in June!

7) And Jonathan and I are going to Denver for my birthday in August! It'll be our first getaway as a couple in two years.

8) I'm looking forward to all the races I have planned this summer... The first one is Memorial Weekend!

That's all! That's more than enough, I think. Do you have any big plans for the summer? Or the weekend?

6 comments:

  1. Both lists sound great! Sully's a few months younger than Swede, but he hasn't tried to climb out of his crib yet either, so I'm in no rush to transition him yet. Actually, I kind of dread that day! Haha. I also think we should start potty training, but I'm lazy. Diapers just seem so much more convenient when we are out and about. I know, terrible attitude!

    What do you want to do with your blog?!

    Girls weekend sounds fun! As does a weekend away with your husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's dragging their feet a little on the crib transition and potty training!
      Re: the blog - This is just a generic freebie site, so I want to get a custom header and do pages - About me, Running, Reading, etc. It's a little intimidating though, I'm not very tech savvy.

      Delete
  2. I feel like I have a constantly running list of things I'd like to do (get new carpets, paint our deck, etc) around our house. I wish had more time or money to just pay someone to do it!

    We don't have anything too big planned for our summer. We are going to Penticton, BC for a week in August to spend time with Brian's family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to just be able to hire someone to deal with all this!
      Hey, I've been to Pentiction, Fun! I went to college in Washington and did a long weekend trip up there with my boyfriend's fraternity. It was really pretty.

      Delete
  3. Now I'm curious as to how all of us Calgary bloggers funnily enough all commented on this post ;) 21 day fix, yes! I never thought id love Pilates, but it's one of my faves from the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because you are the nicest. :-)
      If you were me and doing your first Beachbody series, would you do 21 Day Fix or one of the others?

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.