Sunday, April 3, 2016

Weekend [April 2-3, 2016]

Wee-Ooo! Wee-Ooo! Swede's favorite book right now features this sound effect for a fire truck and I've started randomly calling out "Wee-Ooo!" throughout the day.

Anyway... The weekend! It was a pretty good one. I wish I could have slept in past 6 a.m. either day, but you can't win 'em all. 

On Saturday I ran 8 miles in the real world! My first non-treadmill run in 2016. It was so nice to get some fresh air. 



After some mooching around and naptime for the kids, we all went downtown to have an early dinner at Grassburger


So good! Although someone tried (and mostly succeeded) to steal my chocolate milkshake...


Sunday was pretty uneventful. We went to church in the morning then the kids both took nice long naps so I was able to do the laundry and read. Book of the Week = The Summer Before the War by Helen Simonsson.

When the kids woke up Jonathan took them to visit his parents and I worked. Not my favorite way to spend a Sunday afternoon but April 15th is almost here!

Later we practiced smiling...

(I just like smiling. Smiling's my favorite.)

...and coloring. 


And then it was time for dinner/bath time/bedtime. Wee-Ooo! Wee-Ooo!

Did you have a good weekend? It was really great to have some nice weather and made me excited to start making plans for the summer!

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on the long run! That burger looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we're on track to a new Saturday afternoon burger date tradition...

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good weekend minus the working part of course :) Nice job on the run! How did it feel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not as fast as I wish I was. (I need to hire a running coach like you!) But it felt pretty good, so... Progress!

      Delete
  3. good job on the run! i run most sundays with a friend, but i haven't run outside on my own this year yet.. hopefully this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm such a wuss about running outside in cold weather, but now that it's nice (enough) I'm loving the fresh air!

      Delete
  4. WOO HOO!!! It must have felt great to get outside and pound the real pavement. Cheers to even more great outdoor runs still to come!!! The scenery in your run photo is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did feel so good to get some fresh air! Looking forward to many more runs outside this summer. Although the gym has the perk of childcare. I guess I need a jogging stroller but I'm worried that'll take away the "me time" feel.

      Delete
  5. Nice job on the run! I can't even remember if I've run outside this year yet?! Haha, I think they've all been inside so far! Abel smiling is the cutest thing ever!! Ahhh baby fever! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little embarrassed to admit it was my first outdoor run... Glad I'm not the only one!
      Abel is starting to laugh... OMG so cute. I'm like, NEED. MORE. BABIES!

      Delete
  6. That milkshake looks amazing!! Hope you have a great week <3

    Blessings,
    Edye // Gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.