Sunday, April 24, 2016

Weekend [April 22-24]

Hey Friends! Did you have a good weekend? I did! I had a three-day weekend with no work to do, and my good friend Laura came to visit from Denver!


I confess that it wasn't a very exciting trip to Durango for Laura. We mostly just mooched around the house with the kiddos, but she claimed to enjoy herself.


I know most people, even with two small children, get out and about more than I do, but I think it's so difficult to coordinate around nap times and meal times. Abel doesn't nap very well on the go anymore unfortunately.


Both kids did take really long afternoon naps every day at home so Laura and I had some time to relax and chat. The rest of the time it was play, play play! "My Laura," as Swede calls her, brought a bubble wand that was a very big hit!


Abel watched the proceedings from his Bumbo and chewed on his Green Toys Twist Teether Toy. I'm glad we had decent weather although it was a little windy.


We caught up on New Girl after the kiddos went to bed. I was 4 episodes behind! I think this season has gotten better now that Zoey Deschanel is back.

For dinner on Saturday we had a classic Laura & Kelly meal - Mozzarella sticks and a glass of red wine... Very classy!


Laura left Sunday morning so I went to church with the kids then home for the usual lunch and naps. In the afternoon we visited with my parents. Look at these gorgeous daffodils in their back yard!





One last photo of Abel, who is 5 months old today!


That's all!

10 comments:

  1. Those flowers are so pretty they look fake! I hate having to coordinate everything with nap times! Glad it worked it for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nap times are so much more difficult with two! Arg. Swede's nap is really consistent every day but Abel is all over the place. Maybe 30 min, Maybe 2 hours!

      Delete
  2. That is wonderful that Laura came to visit you during your extended weekend! It must have been terrific to have so much quality time to catch up and chat. Mozzarella sticks and wine sound like the perfect mealtime combination for me! Those daffodils are STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, It was a really nice and low-key weekend!
      My mom says she wants to plant 50 more daffodil bulbs this fall - It's incredible!

      Delete
  3. Aw this sounds like a great weekend! Sometimes it's really nice just to have a good friend to hang out with in your own home. I don't get out nearly as much as other people with multiple kids either, and I only have one! But I also like being at home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am such a homebody too! I have another friend coming to visit this summer though and after she read this post she was like, "But when I come we'll actually DO something, Right?" Sigh - I suppose so...

      Delete
  4. That's fun that your friend came to visit! Even if you didn't get out much, it's nice to catch up with each other :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good to catch up! Normally I see her when I'm in Denver for work but haven't been there since before Abel was born.

      Delete
  5. Those mozzarella sticks look AMAZING!!!

    Blessings,
    Edye // Gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't go wrong with mozzarella sticks and New Girl!

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.