Thursday, May 5, 2016

Gratitude and Goals - May 2016

Greetings from Denver International Airport! I've been in Denver for the past two days for work. Various things I am grateful for related to this trip are...

   - That Abel survived my first night away!

   - That I was able to squeeze in a quick dinner at Hapa with Laura and Tyffani in between work events.



   - That I was able to sleep ALL NIGHT LONG for the first time since Abel was born... It was glorious.

   - That I'm heading back to my loved ones tonight. I miss them so!

This face!!!

I was moderately successful with my April goals. I took care of all the routine doctor/dentist appointments for myself, the kids, and the dog. I did one 10-mile training run (and ran 75 miles total)! I got a massage and a pedicure. However... I did not start tracking our budget or start going to yoga again.

For May my goals are:

   - Start going to yoga again! I feel so good after I go to a yoga class... I really MUST find time for this in my schedule - At least once a week.

   - Work on potty training with Swede... I have been dragging my feet on this, but I know she's ready. She's pretty much trained at preschool, so I need to make it a priority at home too.

   - I'm running my first race of the summer, the Narrow Gauge 10 Mile, on Memorial Weekend.

   - Slow down. Just... Slow down.


What are you grateful for this week???

8 comments:

  1. Yay for full nights sleep and sushi!! May is our appointment month lol. I miss yoga a ton but probably won't get there regularly again until I'm back to work.
    I'm grateful for my home, part of our province has been evacuated and badly damaged due to a wildfire. It's heartbreaking to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was listening to reports on the fire on the radio on my way to the airport today... Such a horrible tragedy. Makes me so sad to think about how so many people have lost everything and extra grateful for my own home as well.

      Delete
  2. Ahhhh, I know that goal very well of just needing to slow down! I am glad you are putting it out there! Safe travels in Denver. The sushi looks scrumptious and congratulations on getting a full night's sleep for the first time since Abel's birth! That must have been pure heaven. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had some success this weekend with slowing down... Saturday morning not looking at the clock and thinking, We'll get there when we get there! It seems like there's always something to do, somewhere to be. I've been taking a serious look at where I can cut back. I just want to do all the things!!!

      Delete
  3. Yay for a full night of sleep! Amazing what that can do for the soul :) More yoga is my goal this month too - I'm going to try and complete the 30 day Yoga Camp from Yoga with Adrienne on Youtube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love going to hot yoga classes at the real studio, but it's so hard to fit them into my schedule! I might check out this Youtube series! Sometimes I think doing yoga for 15 min EVERY DAY is better in the long run than 90 min once a week.

      Delete
  4. Yay for Denver! I'm from Colorado Springs. Hope you enjoyed it! Gah potty training... I have a feeling that if I have a second baby by the time I want to that I will be dragging my feet on that whole thing too unless C potty trains super early, which is doubtful lol. Yay for a 10 miler! That's one of my favorite race distances. I need to get some races on my schedule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Colorado! I've never actually been to CO Springs even though I've lived here for 9+ years. I've always wanted to go to Garden of the Gods and Pikes Peak though... Someday!
      My advice - Not that having a baby is like ordering a pizza, The timing isn't always up to you! - Is to go for a 2.5 year age gap and train BEFORE Baby #2 arrives if possible.
      Racing in Hawaii will be fun! And it's probably a year round season too so more opportunities.

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.