Thursday, May 26, 2016

This week in FOOD

Happy Friday! What was your favorite meal (or snack, or dessert) this week?

Here's what we had:

Sunday: Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole from Cookies & Cups

Photo credit: Shelly Jaronsky

Monday: Fish sticks and Pimiento Cheese Hush Puppies from Rachael Ray. Have I told you about my obsession with pimiento cheese? It started when I was in New Orleans for my friend Gabbie's wedding in 2012 and I've never looked back.

Tuesday: Jonathan and I went out to lunch at one of my favorite local restaurants, Ken & Sue's, to celebrate our anniversary.


For dinner we had Cesar salad. Homemade croutons are essential!

Wednesday: Philly Cheesesteak Mac & Cheese from Cookies & Cups. Have I told you about my obsession with Philly Cheesesteaks? I developed a craving for them when I was pregnant with Abel that hasn't gone away. This did not disappoint! Delicious. I did do a classic butter/flour/milk base for the cheese sauce instead of the eggs and evaporated milk per the recipe.

Photo credit: Shelly Jaronsky

Thursday: We were planning to have Ravioli with Kale and Mushrooms but ended up getting Chinese take-out after a never-ending pediatrician appointment. I don't care that the kids' birthdays are 6 days apart; I will NOT be scheduling their 1- and 3-year checkups at the same time!

I also made a batch of my favorite No-Bake Energy Bites from Gimme Some Oven. These are perfect to have around for a little something sweet after dinner without going overboard.

Abel has been gobbling up the all the Level 2 combos from Beech-Nut.


Are you doing anything fun this weekend? My plans are: 1) Running the Narrow Gauge 10-Mile on Sunday, 2) Doing a Memorial Day BBQ with my parents on Monday, and 3) Putting every single book from the Modern Mrs. Darcy Summer Reading Guide on hold from the library.

4 comments:

  1. All of your meals sound delicious! Love those energy bites too. I meant to make some the other night and ran out of time. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made another batch of the energy bites this weekend too, I'm obsessed!

      Delete
  2. Yum! I live in Philly so I might have to try that cheesesteak mac n cheese!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, It's so good! To eat a Philly in Philly... Bucket list item right there. :-)

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.