Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Five Favorites - June 2016

Hey Friends, Let's talk about our favorite things today! Here a few of mine lately:

1) I took advantage of a Memorial Day sale to pick up the Johanna Quilt from Garnet Hill. I love the bright colors against the black background. It makes me so happy to walk into our room lately and see this beautiful quilt on the bed! It's also nice for summer since it's pretty lightweight versus the puffy down duvet we had before.


2) I got a sample of the Moisture Surge Face Spray from Clinque as a freebie but I will definitely buy more when I run out. I don't use it that much at home but it's essential when I'm travelling and/or in Denver for work. It is so refreshing to spritz on your face after lunch, during the flight, in between meetings... Basically anytime that washing your face is impractical but you'd like to freshen up.

3) The Sawyer Knicker by Prana for Title Nine is a new staple in my summer wardrobe. I bought them on a whim (in May, so I haven't blown my June goal of not buying clothes for myself) but I'm so glad I did! I had planned to wear jeans all summer (I still love the Madewell High-Rise Skinny Crop Jeans I mentioned last month) but then it got HOT and I realized I need some cooler options. I think the plaid is really fun but I wish it came in a solid color too.


4) Fact: Noosa Yoghurt is the best. At 280 cal/11 g fat/30 g sugar per 8 ounce serving, however, it's definitely an indulgence. Although it's better than ice cream - There is almost exactly twice all the above in my favorite Ben & Jerry's. I love the new "Only in Colorado" Blackberry Serrano flavor. Key Lime Pie is also really good and my other favorite is Raspberry.


5) I have never been into country music, but I happened to hear "Sometimes" by Luke Bell on the radio and have been listening to it on repeat ever since! It's so fun.


That's all! What are you loving this month?

12 comments:

  1. The quilt is beautiful! I love the bright colors. Earlier in my career, I learned about how effective product samples are in increasing sales - and they definitely work on getting me to buy! The knickers are cute. It's nice to wear pants that have a little bit of length to them but are still good for summertime. I've never tried Noosa yogurt and am curious now. I'm not a country music listener either, but I've randomly heard a few of Carrie Underwood's songs that I ended up liking, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a marketers dream! I am always discovered something new that I didn't know I always wanted. :-)
      Try the Nooooosa. (This is my hypnotizing voice). You'll love it. Well, I hope you'll love it. Let me know!

      Delete
  2. That quilt is so pretty! I always enjoy reading your blog posts, Kelly! Hope you have a great weekend :)

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Thank you Edye! That is so nice to hear. :-)

      Delete
  3. Noosa is so good! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's your favorite flavor? I just picked up a new salted caramel I can't wait to try!

      Delete
  4. Those knickers are super cute! Also your hair is adorable. I so want that hair style but my husband is way obsessed with my long hair - grr!

    I love Noosa. I haven't had the Key lime kind. That sounds amazing! I like using yogurt as an ice cream substitute too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your hair is so pretty! I tried to grow my hair out long last year but I couldn't stand it and ended up with a ponytail 99% of the time anyway. I feel much more like myself with short hair. I thought about getting bangs recently but then Swede and I would be super twins which I think is just too much...

      Delete
  5. I need to try noosa! I'm lucky in that my mom quilts so I get freebies ;) ice been loving my soda stream this month- we took a brief hiatus when they jacked the price of refill canisters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandma used to quilt and I have some neat twin size quilts that she made for me. Looking forward to using them for the kids! But she stopped before I graduated to a double/queen bed. I would love to learn how to quilt someday... That's on my list of things to do when the kids are in high school and think they are too cool to hang out with me anymore. ;-)

      Delete
  6. I love that quilt! I'm a huge ran of homemade style quilts. That yogurt sounds delicious! But what gives it so many calories?! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the sugar I think! It's definitely more of a dessert yogurt for me. Just tried a salted caramel flavor... So good!

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.