This month I decided to switch up my standard 'Favorites' post and show you one current favorite from each member of the family instead of all my personal favorites.
1) Let's start with Swede: She has really been enjoying the Highlights High Five magazine. We gotten four issues so far (and getting a new one in the mail is SO exciting) and have been reading the stories together over and over, plus she's getting more into the puzzles every month. She likes the 'Hidden Pictures' puzzle the best.
2) Abel's favorite thing is whatever Swede is playing with at that moment, which can be difficult at times, but another thing he loves is a small blankie with ribbons sewn in the sides (similar to a Taggie, but his was homemade by my friend Kelly in Florida). He loves snuggling with this in his crib. We gave Swede a similar blankie at about the same age and it's still her #1 most precious and essential comfort object.
3) Recently I've been reminded that Jonathan is a somewhat elusive figure on the blog. He's not a huge fan of having his photo taken, but he was a good sport and let me snap this one of his two favorite things this month: A new 49ers t-shirt (also available in the team of your choice, because I know everyone, including myself, is not a 49ers fan) and Astronomy magazine.
4) My turn! On my last trip to Denver I realized that all my work clothes are from three years ago when I still worked in the office before Swede was born. Now that I'm (almost) back to my normal size, I decided it was time for something new. I bought a Sleeveless Ponte Sheath Dress and Point Toe Pump Shoes from Lands' End, both of which were on super sale and I had a gift card = Free! (The cardigan in the photo is a Boden Cashmere Crop Cardigan), which was also on super sale when I bought it... I'm trying to be more judicious about not buying things at full price).
5) Don't forget Gumball! Her favorite thing is a daily rawhide chew stick.
In other news, my birthday is next Tuesday and I have a super fun lineup of weekend festivities ahead to celebrate - I'll be back to tell you all about it next week!