Can't say the kid doesn't know how to strike a pose
1) I can't stand Dr. Suess. We bought a boxed set of five Dr. Suess classics (Cat in the Hat, Sam I Am, etc) for Swede's first birthday. It had been years since I'd read any of them though and it turns out I am not a fan. At all. The tounge-twisters. The repetition. The made-up words. I don't even like the drawings. Luckily Swede doesn't like them either!
Swede and her "very own baby Mabel"
Me... Boring?!?! Sorry, Buster, I take it back.
3) Fact: I have thrown away three blow-out onesies rather than clean them. In my defense, these were serious blow-outs. And all of them Abel had almost grown out of or were hand-me-downs from Swede that had seen plenty of use.
"Babies don't have any teeth!"
4) I think Parents magazine is depressing. I got a free subscription somehow, but every time when I look through a new issue I'm struck by everything that I'm doing wrong as a parent. Here's five new things that I didn't know I should be worrying about. Here's a cute craft project or healthy recipe I'm not going to try. You get the idea.
Favorite food: Banana
5) Phantom crying is so real. Everything sounds like a baby crying! Is this going to last forever? Will there ever be a day in my future in which I hear the wind in the trees or a random refrigerator hum and don't jump up and sharply say, "Was that the baby?"?
Not sure what she's so perturbed about here...
6) Abel's current nighttime schedule is that he wakes up between 4-5 in the morning for a bottle then goes back to sleep for another two hours until 6-7 am. I think I could work to get him through till 6-7 am without a snack but it's easier to just feed him and go back to sleep. Also, I really love the way Gumball snuggles up to me when I get back in bed.
And we are GO for crawling!
7) One of the hardest things to relinquish control over is letting Swede pick out her own clothes. It has been so much fun buying clothes for the kids! Currently I still buy her clothes (with a little input, but it's mostly online so she loses interest quickly) but she picks out what to wear in the morning and I can't help cringing at some of the combinations. It's also frustrating when I buy something that I love and she refuses to wear it.
That's all for now! What are your plans for the weekend? We are doing family photos of Saturday... Fingers crossed for happy kids and nice weather!