It's been a while since I've done a survey so when I saw this one on Heather's blog I thought I'd give it a try!
1. Do you like blue cheese? Yes! I'd always choose blue cheese over ranch dressing and I also eat actual blue cheese.
2. Favorite color? Pink.
3. Do you get nervous before a doctor's appointment? Not really. I do get nervous before dentist appointments though.
4. What do you think of hot dogs? Yum.
5. Favorite Movie? It Happened One Night - 1934 Best Picture starring Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert.
6. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? A vanilla latte... Every day.
7. Do you do push-ups? No, The only thing I hate more than push-ups is burpees.
8. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? My wedding ring, but I also love the new "mommy bracelet" I got for my birthday.
9. Favorite hobby? It's a tie between reading and running.
10. Do you have ADD? No.
11. What's the one thing you dislike about yourself? I seriously think my nose is getting bigger as I get older.
12. What's your middle name? Elizabeth.
13. Name three thoughts at this moment: 1) Wow, I'm only on question #13! 2) What should I eat for lunch? 3) Oh, I can't forget to look into the pumpkin patch train for October.
14. Name three drinks you regularly drink: The aforementioned vanilla latte, water, and cucumber soda... I know that sounds strange but it's so refreshing!
15. Current worry? All things related to I-think-we're-buying-a-new-house!
16. Current annoyance? My neighbor has a construction project that has forced me to keep my windows closed most of the summer due to noise and dust.
17. Favorite place to be? Home Sweet Home!
18. How do you ring in the New Year? We started a new tradition last year of appetizers and board games. And I'm always in bed well before midnight.
19. Where would you like to go? See HERE and HERE for a list of my dream vacations!
20. Do you own slippers? Obviously. I like to be cozy.
21. What color shirt are you wearing right now? I'm wearing my green Kennebec Mountain Run shirt.
22. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No, I prefer flannel sheets year round. [See above re: slippers and being cozy.]
23. Can you whistle? Sadly... No.
24. Would you be a pirate? In theory... Yeah! In reality... No way!
25. What songs do you sing in the shower? I don't sing in the shower.
26. Favorite girl's name? I love the name Ingrid because that's Swede's real name, but it was Jonathan's pick and a hard sell at first. My first choice was Annabel, which actually sounds a lot like... See next question.
27. Favorite boy's name? Abel
28. What's in your pocket right now? Nada.
29. Last thing that made you laugh? The kids being silly and cute.
30. Best toy as a child? I had one of those rocking horses on springs that I loved. [Do they even sell those anymore? It seems like the springs would be considered a hazard nowadays.] I wanted to be a Pony Express rider for a while there. His name was Gallant.
31. Worst injury you've ever had? I broke my arm just before kindergarten.
32. Where would you love to live? Within walking distance to all my best friends. Or at least in the same town. I am within walking distance to my parents which is really great.
33. How many TVs do you have? One.
34. Who is your loudest friend? Hmm... We are a pretty quiet bunch. Does Swede count? She hasn't learned "inside voice" yet.
35. How many dogs do you have? The one and only Gumball! By the way, Gumball's birthday is on Friday! She'll be five, which, if you go by the x7 rule, means we both turned 35 this month.
36. What book are you reading at the moment? The Trouble with Goats and Sheep by Joanna Cannon. [It's not actually about goats or sheep.]
37. Favorite candy? I have a weakness for jelly beans.
38. Favorite flavor of ice cream? Chocolate Fudge Brownie or Vanilla Caramel Fudge.
39. Favorite sports team? Either the Colorado Avalanche or the San Diego Padres.
40. Favorite month? I've always liked August, because summer and my birthday and often a family trip to the beach, but I also like October as the quintessence of autumn.
That's all! Did you learn anything new about me?