Thursday, August 25, 2016

Five Favorites - August 2016

Hey Friends! I would like to commemorate that this post marks one whole year of "Favorites." Let's take a look back at my favorite things from August 2015: Swede, books, cake, coffee, and I still love that necklace (and am wearing the same earrings from that photo today)... Not much has changed!

Here's what I'm loving this month:

1) I talked about this cucumber soda on Tuesday, but I think it deserves a double mention. After the kids are in bed, post-run, on the patio with a book, this soda (plus a splash of vodka) is the perfect easy and refreshing summer cocktail.


2) So I bought these Asian Wrap Cropped Pajamas from Garnet Hill last month. They are really comfortable, but what I think I like most about them is that having matching pajamas makes me feel like a grown-up. Even if Jonathan did tell me he thinks I look like a dental hygienist.


3) I really like this Downton Abbey English Rose Tea from Republic of Tea that Jonathan's mom gave me for my birthday. I don't usually buy in on kitchy marketing tie-ins to my favorite books/movies/TV shows, but I do like this one. Just realized that two of my favorite things this month are beverages, Hmm... I will try to branch out in September!


4) For years my grandma has asked what I want of hers and I've always said, "The pineapple!" And voila.. It is mine! [My grandma is still with us but a recent move was a good time for her to pass along some things.] You can't really tell from the photo but it's a cloth applique that she made. I'm planning to hang it in the entry way... Aren't pineapples a symbol of welcome?


5) Look, I'm finally showing you a photo of my new hairdo! It's been over a week and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I didn't realize that my hair has gotten so curly since being pregnant. [Apparently this is pretty common.] See how it flips out at the sides there? It's all crazy like that in the back. It did not look like this when I had a pixie cut before the kids were born. Anyway... What I do love about my short hair is that is so quick and easy that I feel like I actually have enough time in the morning to get a little more put together before the day officially starts.


That's all. What is your current favorite beverage? [Since I'm apparently that's what I'm all about this month.]

8 comments:

  1. I'll have to check out that cucumber soda. I have been loving the cucumber lime Gatorade. I can only find it at one particular store though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Gatorade flavors have really branched out, I will have to look for that one!

      Delete
  2. Oh you can definitely pull off the shorter do! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't have thought dental hygienist at first, but that is too funny. Your haircut looks great! The pixie cut matches you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He keeps saying he's going to have dreams about getting his teeth cleaned, Haha.

      Delete
  4. I love the new haircut! I think it looks great! I so desperately wanted my hair to turn curly after having a baby, lol. I've heard that that's normal too...but it hasn't happened to me, or maybe I have to chop my hair off really short to find out?! Unfortunately, my round face would not be able to pull of a pixie style cut :(

    My current favourite beverage is gingerale. I know, I'm an old lady. I love it though and I got (re)hooked on it during my first trimester when I needed something to help ease the nausea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is really only curly enough now to be irritating! When it was longer it was just really wavy, and just in sections not all over. I'm not sure what I'll do when this grows out but I like the low maintenance for now!
      I do like gingerale too - And super helpful in the 1st tri for sure!

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.