Here's what I'm loving this month:
1) I talked about this cucumber soda on Tuesday, but I think it deserves a double mention. After the kids are in bed, post-run, on the patio with a book, this soda (plus a splash of vodka) is the perfect easy and refreshing summer cocktail.
2) So I bought these Asian Wrap Cropped Pajamas from Garnet Hill last month. They are really comfortable, but what I think I like most about them is that having matching pajamas makes me feel like a grown-up. Even if Jonathan did tell me he thinks I look like a dental hygienist.
3) I really like this Downton Abbey English Rose Tea from Republic of Tea that Jonathan's mom gave me for my birthday. I don't usually buy in on kitchy marketing tie-ins to my favorite books/movies/TV shows, but I do like this one. Just realized that two of my favorite things this month are beverages, Hmm... I will try to branch out in September!
4) For years my grandma has asked what I want of hers and I've always said, "The pineapple!" And voila.. It is mine! [My grandma is still with us but a recent move was a good time for her to pass along some things.] You can't really tell from the photo but it's a cloth applique that she made. I'm planning to hang it in the entry way... Aren't pineapples a symbol of welcome?
5) Look, I'm finally showing you a photo of my new hairdo! It's been over a week and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I didn't realize that my hair has gotten so curly since being pregnant. [Apparently this is pretty common.] See how it flips out at the sides there? It's all crazy like that in the back. It did not look like this when I had a pixie cut before the kids were born. Anyway... What I do love about my short hair is that is so quick and easy that I feel like I actually have enough time in the morning to get a little more put together before the day officially starts.
That's all. What is your current favorite beverage? [Since I'm apparently that's what I'm all about this month.]