Sunday, August 14, 2016

The Week Ahead [August 13, 2016]

Greetings! I have a busy week ahead, but first, some quick notes from an uneventful but nice weekend... We didn't really do anything except mooch around with the kids, but we had a (surprisingly, after my complaints on Thursday) nice time.

We baked coffeecake and brownies. We went on a nature walk. We ate pizza. We went to the library for a dozen new books, and read them all a dozen times. The kids napped simultaneously for over an hour on both Saturday and Sunday, and I enjoyed the quiet with a cup of tea (I'm enjoying the Downton Abbey English Rose, which was a gift, I promise) and a book (I'm reading Keep Me Posted for Brie's bookclub on Tuesday). There were a couple unpleasant tantrumy moments but otherwise it was low-key in the best way.

Some photos:





Here's what's on the agenda this coming week:

Meals:
Mon - Pimiento Cheese Chicken Salad Sandwiches from How Sweet Eats
Tue - Cesar Salad (This is on the menu weekly in the summer, I'm addicted).
Wed - Spaghetti & Meatballs
Thu & Fri - I'll be in Denver for work

Workouts:
Mon - Run 4 miles
Tue - Upper Fix
Wed - Lower Fix
Thu - Run 4 miles
Fri - Rest
Sat - Run 8-10 miles
Sun - Yoga

Other Stuff:
   - On Monday I have a dentist appointment in the morning and a haircut appointment in the afternoon. I'm still planning to go ahead with the pixie!
   - I'm flying up to Denver on Thursday morning for two busy days in the office. I have scheduled nearly back-to-back meetings!
   - I'm staying in Denver on Saturday to attend Tyffani's baby Elliott's first birthday party!

That's all! Do you have anything fun planned this week?

8 comments:

  1. Baking with the kids sounds fun. Safe travels on your work trip this week and can't wait to see the new hair cut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baking with Swede can be a little messy but it's getting better as she gets older. She really enjoys it though and is a fun activity to do together. I'm also trying to incorporate her into dinner prep if possible.

      Delete
  2. My week is pretty boring this week but I got to pick out the restaurant for my work dinner tomorrow so I'm excited about that. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the only thing you should worry about this week is getting better! Sounds like that flu was a doozy.

      Delete
  3. Darling photos of the kiddos. Sounds like you will have a productive week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! I'm always a little anxious when I'm in Denver for work. So many meetings! And hoping the little ones are doing OK back home.

      Delete
  4. The Pimiento Cheese Chicken Salad sandwiches sound amazing! Thanks for sharing the recipe, I have to give it a try, too! I hope the dentist appointment and haircut went well. How exciting that you'll be getting a pixie! I've heard many ladies say how invigorating it was to go for the short cut. Yay for staying in Denver to attend Elliott's birthday party - that is going to be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Re: Haircut, I thought I might magically transform into Michelle Williams or Carey Mulligan or Emma Watson, but that didn't happen. I think I like it anyway though.
      Anything pimiento cheese is a win for me.

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.