Sunday, August 21, 2016

The Week Ahead [August 21, 2016]

Hey Friends! Did you have a nice weekend? I was in Denver for work on Thursday and Friday then was able to attend a first birthday party for Elliott before coming home on Saturday.

I love this family!

Other highlights from the weekend: Friday night in Denver at Laura's house with wine and mozzarella sticks. A good eight mile run. An enthusiastic greeting from Swede when I returned home. Church. Ice cream. Watching Galen Rupp win bronze in the Olympic marathon. 

And... Getting organized for the week ahead! Here's the plan:

Meals:
Mon - Italian Sausage & White Bean Cassoulet - Three Many Cooks
Tue - Cesar Salad
Thu - Southwest Scrambled Eggs - Budget Bytes
Fri - Spaghetti & Meatballs <-- Pre-Race!!!

Workouts:
Mon - Run 3 miles
Tue - Lower Fix
Wed - Run 3 miles
Thu - Upper Fix
Fri - Rest
Sunday - Yoga

Other:
   - I have another dentist appointment on Tuesday... Remember the never-ending Saga of the Root Canal? It's still going on.
   - On Friday I'm taking Abel for his nine-month checkup, and I need to pick up my race packet for the Thirsty 13 Half Marathon.

One more photo for the road... This is Swede practicing (3 months early) for her birthday:


Have a great week!

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great week ahead (except for the dentist). Can't wait to hear about the upcoming race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've decided my goal time for the half marathon this weekend is to run faster than Galen did in the full marathon on Sunday. How are they so fast!!?! Incredible.

      Delete
  2. Have a great race this weekend!! You will do great! I am nervous for mine next month, I have not ran one in 2 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will do great - I am so impressed with your comeback post-Chloe!

      Delete
  3. That picture of Swede is too adorable. I am glad you had a good time in Denver! Church, ice cream, a good 8-miler... all wonderful things to be thankful for!!! Good luck on your Thirsty 13 this weekend (what an intriguing race name!) and I hope the dentist appointment goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The race this weekend is associated with a Brew Fest hence the name. My goal is to beat Galen's time from the full marathon last Sunday!
      Dentist... Some good news finally - I am finally ready to move on to Phase 2 (of 3) = Hooray! Progress!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend! Good luck at your upcoming race! Did you end up cutting your hair??!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, but I'm not sure I love it. :-/
      My hair (unbeknownst to me) has gotten much wavier, almost curly, since being pregnant I think. I didn't realize it while my hair was long since it's really thick but now... It's different than it was when I had it this short before and I'm still getting used to it.

      Delete
  5. Woohoo, congrats on your eight mile run! That may be normal for you haha, but I would feel like I need a medal. Good luck on your race!! It's nice to see people with kids running.. gives me hope that I can start back up after baby! Those eggs sound really good, although I wonder if I could cut the recipe in half to serve two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made the eggs a couple weeks ago and didn't make the full recipe since only for me & J and Swede, so like 2.25 servings. I like I used 5-6 eggs and 3/4 the can of black beans. We had a little leftover which heated up fine in a tortilla the next day too.

      Delete
  6. Wow, that is a never-ending root canal. That's crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.