Sunday, August 28, 2016

The Week Ahead [August 28, 2016]

Hey Friends! Did you have a nice weekend? The highlight for me is that I ran the Thirsty 13 Half Marathon in 1:58:02! It was a great race and much faster than I anticipated. Other highlights of the weekend: An early dinner date with Jonathan on Saturday afternoon at the Irish Embassy, and making pancakes with Swede on Sunday morning.

I have been mostly successful lately at not using my phone very much, but that also means I don't take many photos. What I've been doing instead is taking out my real camera every couple weeks to capture some new photos of the kids.

Here are a couple from this weekend:





Moving on to the week ahead!

Meals:
I decided to try following a meal plan from Real Simple this month. This is Week 1.
Mon - Chicken with Blistered Corn & Tomato Salad
Tue - Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (The actual plan was for Tomato and Shrimp Bisque but I've always found homemade tomato soup to be more trouble than it's worth).
Wed - Tortellini with Squash, Egg, & Breadcrumbs
Thu - Pork Tenderloin with Sauteed Spinach (I'm going to use up the rest of spinach from the salad on Monday instead of the chard per the actual recipe).
Fri - Hanger Steak with Buttery Mashed Carrots


Workouts:
I have really enjoyed alternating running with 21 Day Fix workouts for the past two months but I decided it's time for something new so I bought 22 Minute Hard Corps.
Mon - Run 4 miles
Tue - 22MHC Resistance 1
Wed - Run 4 miles
Thu - 22MCH Resistance 1
Fri - Rest
Sat - Run 8 miles
Sun - Yoga

Other:
 - Tuesday is Swede's first day in her new classroom at preschool, and Abel is also starting in the "Chickadee" classroom. I know that Swede will do great. She is really excited! But I'm a little nervous about Abel being with someone other than me/Jonathan/my mom for the whole day.
 - I don't have any other major events going on so it's just the usual life with the kiddos, getting busier at work, reading, running, blogging, etc.

Do you have anything fun coming up this week? Thoughts re: It's September?!?!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome job on your race!! And you'll love Hard Corps. I found it great with running. Now I'm doing 21 Day Fix, so we just switched ;)
    I love September, it's my favourite month but I'm still sad to see summer go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to hear about your half coming up, I know you're going to do great! I'm sad to see summer go too even if this was a more difficult summer. My least favorite thing is how dark it is in the morning these days.

      Delete
  2. Your kiddos are too cute! And a major congrats on the race! <3

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.