Sunday, August 7, 2016

The Week Ahead [August 7, 2016]

Hey Friends! Did you have a nice weekend? I'm thinking about starting a weekly post to get organized for the week ahead. I know it's not very exciting stuff but this is a good venue for me to stay accountable to goals and plans. Here's what on the agenda this coming week:

Meals:
Mon- Creamy Tomato and Spinach Pasta (Budget Bytes)
Tue- Tuna Melts
Wed- Cesar Salad
Thu- Southwest Scrambled Eggs (Budget Bytes)
Fri- Take-out (Thai?)

Workouts:
I've been alternating running and 21 Day Fix strength workouts for the past month and am really enjoying the balance!
Mon- Dirty 30
Tue- Run 4 miles
Wed- Lower Fix
Thu- Run 4 miles
Fri- Upper Fix
Sat- Run 8 miles
Sun- Yoga

Other Stuff:
 - On Wednesday evening there is an open house at Swede's preschool. She's been going two days a week for the past year and will be moving up to the 3-year-old classroom in September so I want to visit the new classroom and meet the new teachers.
 - I also need to book a hotel and rental car for my work trip to Denver next week.

Finally... A few notes on the weekend:

1) I had a great 8 mile run on Saturday morning. The Kennebec Mountain Run was miserable but there's no denying a big effort like that makes you stronger overall.

2) Afternoon date with Jonathan at Ska Brewing Co... This Greek pizza was so good!


3) We had a successful family outing to Cold Stone for ice cream this afternoon, although Abel was a little disappointed he didn't get to partake.


That's all! Do you have anything fun on the agenda this week?

4 comments:

  1. I've learned a lot from my friends who post their weekly meal plans and workout plans, et al. I say go for it!!!

    Are you excited about Swede's open house? Congratulations on your solid 8-miler - it must have felt like a piece of cake after Kennebec! That Greek pizza looks amazing and I would have the same expression as Abel if I didn't get to partake in Cold Stone. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One good run will carry me through a long time of less-than-good runs! Feels good to feel like I'm making progress.
      Poor Abel... He always looks so betrayed that he can't eat what everyone else is eating yet.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I saved the recipe for the egg scramble. Looks good.

    And pizza at a brewery? I could only hope. GA is one of the dumbest states for brewery laws. No food can be served (among other bad laws) :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The SW egg scramble was so good and easy! We had it with tortillas. I foresee that it will be a staple in our house for weeks to come.

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.