Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Currently - September 2016

Happy Wednesday! It seems like this week is going by fast. Which has not been the case lately. Often in the past month or so I'll find myself absolutely sure it's Thursday on Tuesday, or Friday on Wednesday, but this week I feel like, Wow, It's already Wednesday! Time is a tricky beast.

Here's what I've been doing this past month of not knowing what day of the week it is...

Listening To: The album I've had on repeat lately (until I get so sick of it I won't be able to listen to it again for a year, because that's how I do music) is The Great Detachment by Wintersleep.

Watching: The new season of Brooklyn 99 and New Girl. Also I've been watching movies on Friday nights, most recently Notting Hill and The Proposal.

Reading: I picked up Ann Patchett's new book, Commonwealth, from the library today and am excited to get started. She's one of my favorite authors.


Feeling: A little anxious. And scatter-brained. I feel like I'm always trying to do five different things at the same time, and I'm always remembering something else that I can't forget to do. I need to focus on single-tasking. One thing at a time. Focus. Finish. Then, and only then, move on to the next thing.

Craving: To sleep all night long. This week has been especially difficult with multiple wake-ups each night because Abel is teething and Swede has a cold.

Wearing: Scarves! One thing I like about having short hair again is that my hair doesn't get tangled up when I'm wearing a scarf or a hoodie. I also love that when I add a scarf to jeans and a t-shirt it makes me feel instantly more put together. [Although remember that I work at home. In an extremely casual town. So the bar is low.]


Thinking about: Attempting to make Swede a penguin costume for Halloween. She decided that she wants to be a penguin but I can't find a single pre-made penguin costume that is remotely cute. I am not the craftiest person in the world, but I think I can manage to follow this tutorial. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Praying: To be more intentional about what I say, with a focus on being positive and encouraging.

Loving: Fall! The changing leaves are so beautiful and I love the crisp feeling in the air in the morning and evening. Plus the opportunity to wear scarves and sweaters and boots. And to make all my favorite soups and stews and pumpkin-flavored treats.


Not Loving: Fall. Specifically, as the harbinger of winter darkness. It's so hard to get up in the morning when it's still pitch dark. Daylight savings will help in the morning but then it's so dark in the evening. I'm contemplating the Illuminati Reflective Run Jacket from Title Nine for evening runs.

Looking forward to: I'll share more about this next week, but we are moving into a new house in October! I'm not looking forward to the actual packing and moving process, but I can't wait to be settled in our new home.

And that's all for today! I hope you have a lovely Wednesday.

18 comments:

  1. Wow, moving to a new home is super exciting! I hope you share pictures!

    I am looking forward to scarves and boots as well. So far it's been warm enough to wear skirts or dresses every day this month! Starting October i'll break out my fall clothes. Good luck making that costume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sooo excited for the move into our new house. It's inspiring me to actually try to decorate in a cute way so hopefully I'll be able to do a fun house tour at some point.

      Delete
  2. I love scarves but don't always love how they look on me.

    I hate the moving process but I love being in a new space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing in life comes without pros and cons. :-)

      Delete
  3. Scarves are my go-to. I work on a college campus in a really laid back town, so the bar is low here too! :P I am getting a new boss next week and I've heard he's not so casual, so we'll see how this goes. :) It's FINALLY starting to cool down a bit here, which makes me SO happy! I love cool weather, I love fall and winter, and layers. :) It's all good for me! :) Halloween is such a blast, a penguin costume sounds super cute, good luck with the DIY I am sure it will be great! :) XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like 1% of the time I wish I had more opportunities to look nice but mostly I love not having to dress up for work. Even when I go into the office it's very casual unless meeting with clients. I hope your new boss is on board with the casual workplace! Honestly I think it makes people happier and that makes people more productive.

      Delete
  4. Wow, I'm excited to hear more about the move! I love fall but I dislike winter darkness. And the lack of color.. really the best is fall or spring. Scarves make every outfit better. It's sort of cool enough that I could probably handle them now. Scarves when summer is still around are the worst, because then I get sweaty hair, which is not attractive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree about the lack of color! Winter can be so grim and monotone - Grey, Black, Brown. Yet another reason to wear brightly colored scarves. :-)

      Delete
  5. I'm a big fan of scarves, and I love the color combination that you're showing.
    Go for that penguin costume. My stepmom made most of my stepbrother and stepsister's costumes when they will little, and they weren't uber-professional, but I was always inspired by her creativity with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom made most of my costumes when I was little too so it doesn't seem quite right to buy a costume. I know I will do store-bought costumes at some point but I'm going to give the penguin a try this year. Although let me tell you it has been quite the ordeal finding a plain black toddler beanie. Everything is so cutesy.

      Delete
  6. You pull off short hair so well! I can't hack it haha both literally and figuratively. I just can't pull it off! I'm so looking forward to hearing about this move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! But actually I almost put "my hair" as the thing I'm not loving currently. I had it short like this before and loved it but it's gotten really wavy since I was pregnant and I don't like it as much. It's so quick and easy though.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on your new home coming soon!!! I hope the moving process goes smoothly. Scarves are my favorite fashion accessory. They are so versatile and they really do add instant pizzazz to any outfit! How adorable that Swede wants to be a penguin for Halloween. Penguins are the cutest and when you add Swede's cuteness to the mix, it'll be a cuteness OVERLOAD. I can't wait to see how the costume turns out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm a little nervous about packing and moving and getting the kids settled in the new house. Swede keeps asking things like: Will there be enough room for my bed? Will we bring my friends to the new house? (AKA her many stuffed animals)
      We could all use more pizazz, especially in winter. I have about a dozen scarves but of course I'm eyeing a couple new ones.
      Fingers crossed on the costume! A) That it's cute. B) That she wears it.

      Delete
  8. I've been listening to playlists by Anita Cheung on Spotify lately and love them! She puts them together for yoga classes and they are the perfect mix of music. Hope your move goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check out those playlists, Spotify is what I always use at work and I'm always looking for something new!

      Delete
  9. Whoa! Exciting news about moving! Can't wait to hear more!

    Also, I really, really love your short hair. Gosh, I wish I could pull it off. I know, wearing scarves with long hair is so annoying sometimes. And I hate the "bump" that you get behind your neck from your hair sitting over it. (#firstworldproblems, I know).

    It makes me happy that you love Wintersleep. It's one of our favourite bands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to feel a little stressed about moving, There's so much to do!
      I am still not sure how I feel about the short hair, but thank you! I really don't love it being so curly but it's just so quick and easy. I'm glad you get the scarf with long hair problem! It's not just me.
      My favorite songs on that Wintersleep album are Amerika and More Than.

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.