Sunday, September 11, 2016

The Week Ahead [Sept 11, 2016]

Hello Friends!

Another Sunday night getting organized for the week ahead!


Meals

This is Week 3 of a month-long meal plan from the latest Real Simple magazine. Honestly we haven't been impressed with many of the recipes. They are good but only one of the ten we've tried so far is a definite repeat. However it is a nice break from the weekly "What should we have for dinner?" brainstorming session.

Mon - Spaghetti Bolognese
Tue - Meatballs with Dilled Carrots [The recipe calls for lamb but we're doing beef.]
Fri - Pizza!

Workouts

Same old, Same old. I'm alternating running and strength workouts from 22-Minute Hard Corps and some yoga.
Mon - Resistance 1
Tue - Run 4 miles
Wed - Resistance 2
Thu - Run 4 miles
Fri - Yoga
Sat - Run 8 miles
Sun - Resistance 3

Other

 - This week is a busy one for me at work as I finish up the second biggest deadline of the year on Thursday.

 - On Friday I'm meeting the president of a new charter elementary school in the area - I might join the board! [As Treasurer.]

A couple notes from the weekend before I go: It was nice! Very low tantrum-to-fun ratio. My mom and I took the kids to the pool. Abel and I went to a little get-together with some other neighborhood moms and babies. Jonathan and I went out to Steamworks for our standing Saturday afternoon date. I took Abel and Gumball on a hike around the neighborhood. There were blueberry muffins. And a three mile run. It should have been eight miles but you can't win 'em all.

The only two photos from the weekend:

Hiking with Abel

Silly Swede! We were having a "garden party."

That's all! What's on the agenda for you this week?

6 comments:

  1. That meal plan looks awesome - as do all your upcoming workouts! I've been working on meal-planning better, both for our diets and for easier weeknights, and it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit I'm looking forward to pizza night the most! Meal planning is essential for us - I can't stand getting to the end of a busy day of work/kids then looking in the fridge/pantry trying to scrounge up a meal (& usually ending up with takeout!)

      Delete
  2. That is why I love meal planning, if not I feel like I waste too much time thinking about what to cook. Even lunches at home right now I try and plan!
    I keep meaning to tell you - Love your hair!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's actually taken me a while to get used to it. I didn't really like it all until this week. Maybe it was too short. I just did not realize how different/wavy my hair has become since being pregnant (with Abel especially).

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.