Friday, October 21, 2016

Catching Up

Hey Friends! I didn't plan to take a blogging break these past couple weeks but it turned out I needed a little time off to deal with all things packing-moving-unpacking-organizing-cleaning.

Hey Buster, Want to help me unpack these boxes?

Plus I was sick, and Abel was sick, and I've had two work trips to Denver this month plus a big work deadline. It has been really difficult and hectic and, honestly, I have not handled it very well. I have felt really overwhelmed at times and have unfortunately let slide many of my healthy habits. I am such a creature of habit and really need the comfort of my routine.

Thankfully I think everything is starting to calm down and we are getting settled in our new home. Here is the new living room. I love the stone fireplace wall (although I need to decorate the mantel) and the built-in shelving by the TV (which still needs to get mounted on the wall).


Swede has handled the move really well, for the most part, except that she has yet to nap at our new house. She was very excited and eager to help in her small way during the moving process. There have been a couple days when she has seemed a little edgy, but so have we all. It's a big transition!


What else is new? Abel has gone from taking a few hesitant steps between handholds to being a full-fledged walker in the course of a week. One week ago the furthest he'd walked independently was 5-6 steps at a time. Now he can stand up unassisted and toddle pretty much anywhere he wants to go. It's incredible! He is so thrilled about being able to walk.


Last night during my second work trip to Denver I was able to meet up with my friend Chesleigh to see Swan Lake at the ballet. It was so great to catch up with her and the ballet was incredible. The beauty and grace of the ballet combined with the incredible athleticism of the dancers is always a thrill to me. Swan Lake is one of my favorites too. This is the third time I've seen it.


I'm flying back home tonight and can't wait to see my little ones!


PS: This dress is from Primary and I think it's so cute!


Tomorrow morning we are going to do a Peanuts Great Pumpkin Patch Express train ride. Do you have any fun plans this weekend?

12 comments:

  1. I would certainly say that moving is an acceptable excuse for not blogging..lol.

    Love that fireplace (and the wall color). And Yay for Able for finding his independence...hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the grey wall color too. It's pretty much the exact color I would have picked myself so very glad we don't have to repaint. My new office, however, is not my favorite shade of green, so a refresh there is on the to-do list at some point.

      Delete
  2. Moving takes so much out of you - I have no idea how parents do it with small children! Glad you were able to take a bit of a break :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully we will stay in this house for a long time! We moved when Swede was 6 months old and that was much easier that now with two kids who are both very active and mobile!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the new house!! Love the fireplace too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The moving process was hard but I'm so happy to be settled in the new house.

      Delete
  4. Your new home seems lovely! Congrats. I love your fireplace and mantle. So pretty! Plus built ins are the absolute best.

    Aw, good job on the walking buddy! Caleb only started walking a couple of months ago (very late walker) and it still cracks me up to see him waking around like a little man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am looking forward to decorating the mantle for the seasons... Maybe a leaf garland in fall, and then, of course, Christmas stockings!
      It is SO CUTE when they start walking. Abel is definitely a very early walker but I think he's just so eager to keep up with his big sister!

      Delete
  5. I am sorry a few of you were under the weather, but cheers to a speedy recovery. That aside, you've got so many things to celebrate! Your living room looks lovely, how cool that Abel started walking, and so cute that Swede is trying to help out in her own small way. I love Swan Lake, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone has recovered from various illnesses and hopefully we can stay healthy for a while although that's a tall order in winter.
      Abel walking is the cutest thing ever! :-)
      The ballet is definitely something I miss about living in a city, but I try to coordinate a work trip to see one a year.

      Delete
  6. Glad you are getting settled, are those ALL records?! That's amazing. I really enjoy the ballet, but don't go a lot. We have tickets to see Swan Lake - which I have not seen yet... in January (I think... ). :) I love the nutcracker and have seen it several times in several different incarnations. Our town does a quirky Kansas Nutcracker - lol it was pretty fun though. I saw Sleeping Beauty this winter which was gorgeous. I can't wait to see Swan Lake. What a cutie Abel is walking!! :) XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all records! My husband is really obsessed with music. See why we need the record storage bench like you have?!
      I hope you like Swan Lake, I think it is so gorgeous. I liked Sleeping Beauty too and my other favorite is Romeo & Juliet.

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.