Sunday, October 30, 2016

Halloween Weekend

Happy Halloween! Just now I read my Halloween post from last year and I have to say that once again we did not really "do" Halloween. We did do the pumpkin train and carved a jack-o-lantern this year, but Swede is still not really into dressing up in costume or trick-or-treating. She woke up cranky for her nap on Friday and refused to go to the preschool Halloween party too. We had a pretty nice weekend anyway though!


Saturday = Making baked pumpkin spice doughnuts with Swede and playing many games of Busytown during Abel's morning nap, then heading to the gym to run 4 miles. A double afternoon nap meant a nice little break to read with a cup of tea, then we went to the library. We had (frozen) lasagna for dinner, then Swede and I visited my parents for a singalong party and chocolate cake.


Sunday = We went to church in the morning then carved the jack-o-lantern and read all the new library books. I took Abel and Gumball on a long hike on the neighborhood trails in the afternoon then Jonathan's parents stopped by with dinner. No nap for Swede meant an early bedtime so Jonathan and I watched (half of) Star Wars: The Force Awakens - I can't remember the last time I watched an entire movie from start to finish in one sitting.


I don't have much going on this coming week. The weekly meal plan is pretty boring so I'm not going to bother sharing. The only fun meal is Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole from Cookies & Cups. For exercise I'm back into the run-3x-and-do-21-Day-Fix-workouts-3x-per-week plan - I like to take Fridays off. I don't have anything else going on this week except that I'm starting to plan for Swede's birthday on the 18th and Abel's birthday and Thanksgiving on the 24th! I can't believe this year is coming to a close so quickly.

I hope that you had a nice weekend! I love seeing everyone's Halloween costumes.

8 comments:

  1. I almost wish Avery wasn't into dressing up as much. We argue daily over wearing costumes out lol.
    I love seeing kids dressed up at the door, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our getting-dressed challenge is totally different - It's that she wants to wear the exact same thing every day!

      Delete
  2. Mmm, homemade donuts?! I don't think I've ever had homemade ones.

    I love your cat pumpkin - so cute!

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are baked so they taste more like muffins in donut shape than actual donuts but it's still a fun project.
      It was a very cat-themed Halloween this year!

      Delete
  3. Wow - so many birthdays coming up in the near future, so fun! Pumpkin spice doughnuts, chocolate cake, lasagna... all of my favorite things. A singalong party sounds really fun. Did you get a chance to finish watching The Force Awakens??? Let me know if/when you do so we can talk about it. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, We finished it tonight. I can't believe Han Solo was killed! By his own son! So sad. Rey is pretty bad-ass. Who do you think she is, Luke's secret daughter? How else would she have the Force? I thought it was pretty good. Much more like the original movies that the awful 3 prequels.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a nice pretty relaxed weekend to me! I always want to try making donuts when you mention them on here.. yum! I have not seen all the old Star Wars, and so KC plans to catch me up at some point and then maybe we can see the new one. HA XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always so surprised by people who haven't seen the original Stars Wars movies - They are such classics!
      The baked donuts are super easy to make - Similar to muffins - But the donuts shape is more fun. :-)

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.