1) We've been in our new house for six weeks and I am really happy with the move. It seems more and more like the perfect house for our family. I love: the layout, the bigger kitchen, the fireplace, the fenced back yard, the huge bathtub, the built-in shelving, and having my own office. I want to live here forever.
2) I have a "normal" Bible already, but I couldn't resist buying the Beautiful Word Bible last month. One of my goals currently is to make Bible study a daily practice and the beautiful illustrated verses scattered throughout this one make it even more inspiring and enjoyable.
3) Do you remember the paper Scholastic book flyers in elementary school? I used to love pouring over the books and choosing the exact perfect one, then the interminable wait until it arrived. [Ah, the days before Amazon Prime!] I was surprised to find out that the same paper flyers are still coming home monthly from Swede's preschool. Except now you can order online. Although there's still the interminable wait. Anyway - Last month I ordered a set of ten classic fairy tales. They are just the right length and the illustrations are so cute. Swede loves them!
4) This appears to be a book heavy post, but I have to mention Ilana Wiles' book, The Mommy Shorts Guide to Average Parenting. It is SO funny! I want to buy a copy for all my mom friends. She also has a hilarious Instagram that picked up this photo of Swede from a couple weeks ago.
5) Do you remember when I said I wasn't going to buy any clothes for six months? Well, I have been mostly successful for one month so far, except that I did buy the Brooks reflective Drift Shell for running at night. In daylight it's a black coat with a pale silvery pattern but at night it lights up. I also picked up the Ultimate Night Light headlamp from Title Nine, and am very happy with both items.
BONUS - Christmas favorites: 1) I had these stockings made last year by The Colorful Chicken but I still love them so much. 2) I think I'm going to start a tradition of getting the kids a new Christmas ornament every year - I started this year with a camper van for Swede from Land of Nod. It doesn't look like it's available anymore but they have so many cute ornaments. 3) As previously noted, I'm obsessed with Abel's winter sweater from Boden.
That's all! What are you loving lately?
I'm linking up with Kristen and Gretchen for What's New With You!