Friday, November 18, 2016

Swedeisms [Vol. 2]

In honor of my best girl's 3rd birthday today I decided to do another installment of the funny things that she's said lately. [See here for the first post.]


1) Jonathan bought a set of plastic dinosaurs a couple weeks ago. Swede picked up the T-Rex and said: "This dinosaur could eat Daddy all up in one bite! Then we'd need a new Daddy."


2) She is speaking much more clearly lately but there are a couple mispronunciations still lingering. My favorites are "cimmanin" and "quesadida."


3) A conversation while walking home from my mom's house:

Swede - Look at all these trees!
Me - Yep, There's a lot of trees.
Swede - This is a forest.
Me - That's right! It is a forest.
Swede - I like to pick my nose.

I think it's safe to say she has mastered the absurd non-sequitur.


4) Swede picked out a little 2017 calendar for her room from Bed Bath & Beyond that has a hedgehog on the front. Since it's not hanging on the wall yet she likes to pretend it's a book. A couple nights ago she sat me down to read to me "the story of the pinecone bunny."


5) When we moved into our new house Swede asked who would be living in our old house. I said that I didn't know. And she said she thinks it will be the Cat Family (from Richard Scarry).


6) Overheard conversation between Swede & Jonathan during bathtime in which she asks this series of questions:

  - Do crocodiles eat cookies?
  - Do crocodiles need to go potty?
  - Do crocodiles go to Grammie's house?


7)  A conversation as I'm bucking Swede into her carseat to go to preschool one morning:

Swede - We're dudes!
Me - We're dudes?
Swede - No, Just Abel and me are dudes.
Me - Oh, What are Daddy and me?
Swede - You're pirates!


Happy Birthday to my dear Swede! You are a joy and a delight every day.

And Happy Friday to everyone else!

17 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your little one! Hope you have a blast celebrating. And those questions about the crocodile and cookies is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She makes me laugh every day with the funny things she says.

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday Swede!! They say the funniest things, as much as this age can be trying it's also pretty fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, This age is very difficult but also very fun!

      Delete
  3. Love these! Happy 3rd birthday Swede!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, little one!

    I love the nose picking one - haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha, I know, I burst out laughing when she said that!

      Delete
  5. Aww kids say the darnedest things! I love that she calls the hedgehog a pine cone bunny. That's pretty clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pine cone bunny is one of my favorites too!

      Delete
  6. What a sweet post! The questions about crocodiles cracked me up. And, her admission that she likes to pick her nose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should really write down more of the funny things she says so I remember them! Every day she makes me laugh. :-)

      Delete
  7. Awww I love these types of posts! "pine cone bunny" - too funny!

    Happy Birthday, Swede!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do another with Sully! :-)

      Delete
  8. This is so sweet! I'm laughing at my desk right now! I don't know which is my favorite...! Mayyybe "quesadida", but more likely the pirate one! What a sweetheart! XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.