1) Jonathan bought a set of plastic dinosaurs a couple weeks ago. Swede picked up the T-Rex and said: "This dinosaur could eat Daddy all up in one bite! Then we'd need a new Daddy."
2) She is speaking much more clearly lately but there are a couple mispronunciations still lingering. My favorites are "cimmanin" and "quesadida."
3) A conversation while walking home from my mom's house:
Swede - Look at all these trees!
Me - Yep, There's a lot of trees.
Swede - This is a forest.
Me - That's right! It is a forest.
Swede - I like to pick my nose.
I think it's safe to say she has mastered the absurd non-sequitur.
4) Swede picked out a little 2017 calendar for her room from Bed Bath & Beyond that has a hedgehog on the front. Since it's not hanging on the wall yet she likes to pretend it's a book. A couple nights ago she sat me down to read to me "the story of the pinecone bunny."
5) When we moved into our new house Swede asked who would be living in our old house. I said that I didn't know. And she said she thinks it will be the Cat Family (from Richard Scarry).
6) Overheard conversation between Swede & Jonathan during bathtime in which she asks this series of questions:
- Do crocodiles eat cookies?
- Do crocodiles need to go potty?
- Do crocodiles go to Grammie's house?
7) A conversation as I'm bucking Swede into her carseat to go to preschool one morning:
Swede - We're dudes!
Me - We're dudes?
Swede - No, Just Abel and me are dudes.
Me - Oh, What are Daddy and me?
Swede - You're pirates!
Happy Birthday to my dear Swede! You are a joy and a delight every day.
And Happy Friday to everyone else!